This worked for my mom

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
gtrevino777

This worked for my mom

Post by gtrevino777 »

Hi all - My mom, who is 60, has suffered with RLS nearly her entire life. I hadn't really thought too much about it until she came to visit from Oregon and was is such distress because she is going through depression and is looking at possibly having back surgery soon and was taking pain killers to get relief from the RLS even when she didn't need them for the back pain. So I started searching for information on alternate remedies for RLS because I couldn't stand that she was taking prescription pain killers for this. I came across a website that has been mentioned on this board a couple of times that I saw. It is an ebook and the author states she has found the root of the problem of RLS. I was skeptical, because I thought if she had really found the cure, she surely wouldn't make these poor people pay for it. Regardless of my doubts I thought it was worth the money to try. Anyway, she believes that certain people cannot tolerate the large amounts of salt that are in our diet these days and now I believe it too. My mom has been pain killer free for about two weeks now and has one less worry to deal with. In addition, my grandpa, who also used to have this same problem said that he hasn't had RLS for many years and we believe now that it is because he has been on a low sodium diet due to high blood pressure and several heart attacks. So there you go, FREE information. I hope it works for any who try it.

ctravel12

this worked for my mom

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi gtrevino777 and welcome to this board. First off, I want to say how fortunate your mother is to have you as a daughter/son and how you care about her. I think that is wonderful.

You said you found this book about a cure for rls- just curious who is the author.

I am glad that you mother has found relief for her rls and hope that she has great success with her back surgery.

Please keep us informed on how she is doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

gtrevino777

Post by gtrevino777 »

Hi there - The author's name is Marie Goodwin. The book is only available as an ebook, however I think she is writing one to be published.

becat

Post by becat »

type her name into the search engine above.
Or save your money. Her Big Cure, cut salt out of your diet.
This is no cure for RLS.
Welcome to the board and we're glad to have you.
Lynne