Unaware when RLS "hits"

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
CARRIE

Unaware when RLS "hits"

Post by CARRIE »

I have been reading all the nonmedical therapies for rls and keep reading peoples' comments referring to "when they feel the rls coming on."
I don't know when it begins when I am sleeping. I do know when it starts when I am awake. But when I am sleeping... I have absolutely no idea that I am "moving" or kicking. I do know that stress increases my rls.
Currently I am taking requip for my symptoms but I really don't think it is working as well as the claims say. I go to the neuro again in 3 weeks and am going to talk about it.
My main concern now is the neuropathy I have in my feet. I had posted a question regarding that a few months ago and was so excited (I guess that is the term) to find that others have it also and it is related to the rls. My neuro decided that about the same time. So now I am really hoping to find out if there is anything to stop the neuropathy from advancing. To be frank that is scarier to me than the rls. But I guess maybe if the rls isn't totally under control in some fashion then most likely the neuropathy will get worse.
But then I think of those who have parkinson's or have had strokes or have MS or the like and I quiet down really quickly...
Thanks for listening.
Carrie