Fleece Leg Massager

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jumpy

Fleece Leg Massager

Post by jumpy »

Anybody ever used one of these? I'm always on the lookout for something that will let me sit when I want to. This thing is in a catalogue. It is covered with fleece and has three raised points. Your legs fit in between the humps and it vibrates. Looks like it might help. Thought I would see if anybody else has tried or seen it. Before I blow another $40.00 on something that does not work...Pat

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Jumpy, I have a massaging heating pad that I got at Sam's Club for less than $20. It works great, but...

It's really loud. :oops: :shock: I couldn't use it in a meeting. I think I'd ask about that before spending the money.

Susan

djaworek

Post by djaworek »

I have a strong Homedics messager. I find that when I begin to feel the RLS coming on, I can sense it around the outer hip and a bit lower where the outer leg meets the hip. If I use the massager in this area for a few minutes, I can usually get the symptoms to subside. But it requires some vigorous messaging in order to get any results.