i take it plain chocolate is a no-no too?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Aff

i take it plain chocolate is a no-no too?

Post by Aff »

well i had a couple of these 70% cocoa lindt chocolates during the evening the last few nights and haven't managed to sleep a wink. do you think it's them?

i'm getting a little confused these days, just not sleeping well. the worst but is i'm getting used to not sleeping and the general moving from bed to bed.

my g/f is very understanding but she is always waking up with me in the next door bed these days, not much of a relationship there :(

ctravel12

Re: i take it plain chocolate is a no-no too?

Post by ctravel12 »

Aff wrote:well i had a couple of these 70% cocoa lindt chocolates during the evening the last few nights and haven't managed to sleep a wink. do you think it's them?:(

Hi Aff I am sorry that you are still having problems, but anytype of chocolate has caffeine in it and can definitely cause you not to sleep. I know I now and then enjoy a cup of of chocholate but do not take it at as I will dearly pay for it.

I do not know if you are a tea drinker, but you can get caffeine free tea by Bigelow (or am sure any of type of caffeine tea) and I drink that quite a bit.

I hope you are able to sleep better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh Aff, I hate to admit it because I'm a total chocoholic, but yes, the stuff does have some caffeine in it. So maybe that's what's keeping you awake?

I don't drink tea or coffee, but I do need my chocolate. It has much, much less caffeine (technically it has theobromine, not caffeine, but they're related chemicals) than coffee or tea, but some of us are very sensitive to any caffeine.

I guess try a night without chocolate and see what happens. The idea sounds worse than death to me, but maybe you're not as "dependent" as I am on the chocolate fix.

Susan

blryan

Post by blryan »

I know I can't have even 1 piece of chocolate at night. No sleep for me if I do!

Barb

Aff

Post by Aff »

guys, i simply HAVE to have chocolate every night. i'm quite a sporty person and people seem to think i'm wierd but i can't help it.

however, it may now be time to look into this and abstain for a while to see what happens.

oh dear, this is bad... :lol:

becat

Post by becat »

I hated it but at one time I was sad enough to try the healthfood, Ugh, chocolate called carob.
It's not the same but did give me the fix feeling.
Sorry there is not much to replace our bad habits and chocolate I just pay for dearly, somedays lovingly. :D
hugs
Lynne

georger

Post by georger »

Agreed, with me, if I have any chocolate past about 3pm, I will be up for hours. I think it interferes dramatically with drugs etc. Absolute no-no for me.

Sherry

liftgat

chocolate and Magnesium, Reduce Salt (none after 4pm), Calci

Post by liftgat »

I have been eating chocolate with no problem again --

I purchased this ebook for $30 -- it said to do these three things:
Magnesium, Reduce Salt (none after 4pm), Calcium supplement

and it's TOTALLY working for me - in just 2 days. To be complete, I should also add:

- I've had RLS about 1.5 years - so I don't know if it'd work for long-time sufferers

- I take Vitaplen as a daily liquid multi-vitamin, which is shy in both Magnesium and Calcium, so this remedy balanced a vitamin deficiency I didn't know I had.

- The magnesium source I'm using (which is magnesium and potassium) is from Equinox, called "Liquid Mineral Complex". I add a few drops to my food throughout the day.

**** Now that it's working I don't need my ebook and I'd like to pass it on - please IM me on Yahoo if you want it cheap ($20 or make an offer). My handle on Yahoo IM only is liftgat. If you don't have YahooIM, my email is integralgail at gmail.

I hope for relief for all of us!

Blessings,
Gail

I so so so hope this helps others.