chiroprctic treatment

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
gtman

chiroprctic treatment

Post by gtman »

just wondering if anyone has sought treatment @ the chiropractor for RLS?? I go once a month..work on computor all day so upper middle and lower back get strained..causes a tight feeling in my back wich seems to increase the symptoms of RLS. when i go in for adjustment and i feel the hear the crunch..hahah..it is so relieving.....the feeling in the back of tightness is gone and feels like a relief to my legs...and arms where i have problems even in daytime.....maybe worth a try...makes sense if you think that a nerve having pressure on it by your spine being out of alignment....

blryan

Post by blryan »

I have had some success with chiropractic treatment. He uses a rubber hammer on my knees - says he is resetting how my muscles fire. Anyway, it completely relieves the RLS for that one night, but then it comes back the next night. He also put me on high quality calcium supplements, Omega 3 fish oil, and a magnesium drink at night. It took about a month, but my RLS is definitely improved.

I tried to stop my Requip but that backfired, but who knows maybe with continued treatment I'll eventually be able to get off the meds

Barb