RLS Upward Relocation?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
pepe nero

RLS Upward Relocation?

Post by pepe nero »

After more than twenty years of RLS it has mostly ceased. I am not sure why and have a feeling that it will return.
Where my legs were the victims it seems to have now relocated itself in the arms and shoulders. No tingling or pain, just involuntary jerks and stretches.
Has anyone else here experienced this?

(A recently purchased ERE (Electro Reflex Energizer-yes, I'll try anything) may be responsible for this but I believe not as this change happened before I received the device. Also, the first three times I used ithe ERE on the soles of my feet I had neglected to remove the shoulder patch extention from the machine and so there were no actual impules to the soles.)

pepe nero

follow up

Post by pepe nero »

RLS is still absent. I stopped using the ERE, Electro Reflex Energizer two weeks ago.
I don't have a clue exactly what is responsible for the improvement. I still have some shoulder twitching prior to sleep.
I do not work for nor have I any connections to the companies that make and sell the ERE. I am not at all certain that that device contributed to the improvement.
I am back on coffee and two glasses of wine per day and use some salt in my diet.
I spend about a half hour or so reading in comfort prior to sleep.
Fingers crossed and all that that this is not a temporary stoppage.