Suggestions

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
BReesy

New to RLS

Post by BReesy »

Just wanted to say hi and share some of my experiments,
not sure i'm in the right place but here goes
I have suffered from rls for at least 20yrs, getting worse over the last 5 - 10 yrs
Over the last few yrs it got the better of me and i have been trying all sorts of ideas to get rid of it and sleep.
To date i have had some success by avoiding polyester and wearing and sleeping only cotton
Then one day i was reading about the flouridation of our local water supply with the pros and cons for added flouride
While brushing my teeth with flouride toothpaste i hit on the idea to try cutting down on my flouride intake
i have now been using organic non flouride toothpaste for the last month
For the first few weeks the rls weakened although still there
But, fingers crossed, i have enjoyed a solid week of 6/7hrs sleep
It has not been long enough yet but maybe someone else has tried or would like to try these ideas :)
Receiving the first smile of the day is a natural high
Give someone a natural high every day