What home remedies have you tried?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
debkenny

Post by debkenny »

I have tried everything under the sun to control my RLS! From massages and the jacuzzi, to a long list of medications. I, too, have spent nights sleeping in the tub hoping not to drown myself! Most recently I had been taking a combination of Requip, Gabapentin and Klonipin. Yes, they worked enough to allow me to sleep, but my husband said my legs never quit twitching all night. And, of course, I woke every morning with what I call a Klonipin hangover.

I recently tried an oil I found online that has been a life saver! I truly never expected it to work, but it was cheap so I thought I'd give it a try. It has worked since the first night! My husband says my legs no longer even twitch when I'm sleeping, and I've quit taking all of my medications completely. I'm in heaven! Just wish I would have heard of this stuff years ago.

If any of you are interested in trying it, send me a private message (PM) and I'll get back to you with the information.

Good luck to all! As a ten year sufferer, I know what you're going through!

Deb

ctravel12

what home remedies have you tried?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Deb and welcome to this group. I am glad that you found relief for your rls and shared this information with us. The one thing to remember is what works for one may not always work for another; however am glad that it is working for you. Good luck and hope that it continues.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time