"sewing machine legs" or bouncing legs while sitti

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ctravel12

"sewing machine legs" or bouncing while sitti

Post by ctravel12 »

Good morning everyone. I know that I take my feet and slap the tops of them and just know that my hubby thinks I have gone bunkers. He does understand and that is good. Right now I cannot complain as I doing quite well and hope to continue to do so. I want to offer anytype of support anyone needs and keep in touch with this wonderful family.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Charlene

I am so glad you are doing good right now. I hope it continues. I am, too.

I am also glad you feell the way you do about this forum. You are always very supportive and I think it's great that you want to help others. Something you have to say may be just the very thing someone else needs to hear (even me).

I've been a member since 2004. With RLS, sometimes I do great and sometimes not so good. But, one of the mains reasons I stick around is because so many people helped me when I first joined (and continue to do so). If I can help just one person--maybe even by just listening--I feel like I'm "paying it forward."

Keep up the great work, Charlene!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

sewing machine legs, bouncing legs while sitti

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jan. Thanks for the lovely compliment. You are a very special person and am glad that I was able to meet you over the computer lol. Maybe one day when we are able to go to the conventions then we can see everyone. Wouldn't that be neat. I am so glad that you are doing good too and hope that it continues too. I am doing so much better but will continue to post on the board as like you said just one thing you say maybe just the trigger that helps someone. I know everyone, including yourself, was always there for me. I was talking to Lynne today and told her what a sweetheart you are. I am so glad that I found this board. What a wonderful group of people and friends that we have made and what a great family we have too. Have a good day.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, Charlene, the feeling's mutual, my friend. This forum means the world to me--- and it's always great when new friends come around. Maybe we will meet in person some day. I hope so, too!

You take care and keep on keepin' on!

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

b_rwhite5 wrote:When sitting or lying in bed, I rub my feet together in a circular motion, too. Anyone else do that?

I do something like that sometimes. I sit back with my legs out in front, heels next to each other, and then with heels staying planted on the bed, lean both feet to one side and then the other. The foot on top slides down under the other's arch/instep and then circles up and over the foot as they swing back to the other side. It's sorta soothing. I'm not sure if it's RLS-inspired, or just pleasant, but it probably helps.

Mostly, though, I just sit with legs stretched out, and my right leg (the bad one) crossed over the left at the ankle, foot wobbling madly left and right. It makes the whole bed shudder a bit, like Magic Fingers in a motel room gone wrong. My poor wife... but she's gotten used to it. If I get the rhythm right, I can make it more of a rocking motion, which she actually likes. Sometimes, when I do it that way, eventually I'll change positions and she'll say, "Hey, why'd you stop?" :)

ariestlt

Post by ariestlt »

I shake my legs constantly. Always have. Ever since I was a child and I too was "corrected" for it. I've learned something though. If you have a baby around set them on your knee and do it. They just love it.