Salvia Divinorum, works every time, 100% legal.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
LoneCrow

Salvia Divinorum, works every time, 100% legal.

Post by LoneCrow »

Disclaimer - I suggest everyone do their own research before trying this. It had done nothing but positive things when used in moderation for everyone I know. Plenty of websites s how the pros and cons. Read up what you can.. Good place to start is http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

Unfortunately it is a drug, and it does make you have some very vivid experiences if you take enough of a dose.

What is salvia? It is a plant grown in Mexico, and a few other places in the world that the mayans used as a "diviners sage". Several different methods of using this to delve into your subconscious mind and other worldly beings to find spiritual answers to life.

It also relaxes you like crazy, and after the effects wear off, you tend to be in a good mood, have better dreams, dream recall and even a better mood for days.

When smoked etc, it generally only lasts for 5-20 minutes depending on the dose, but those minutes if taken in large amounts can trigger everything from an OBE to a complete feeling of unity with the universe.

You can buy it online LEGALLY at www.iamshaman.com which is a respectable discreet place.

So far I've tried everything under the sun to try and figure out my restless legs. I know my grandfather had it real bad, and I have it now too, along with apnea! I have to use a cpap so its already bad as it is.

So I tried salvia before bed in a low dose if I am trying to sleep, and higher if I want to talk to the goddess or the universe or whoever it out there to get answers to help me with my life. Oddly enough I get more direct and insightful answers than I've ever encountered and learned more about myself in this fashion.

So basically this stuff helps me relax and kills the restless legs, and I get a very good night sleep. Its 100% legal.

There have been no reported side effects, injuries or death to anyone who has done this drug. It is very hard to get a "bad trip" on this stuff, I've never had a negative experience with it, except I was told a few thing that really bruised my ego and made me realize the error of my ways.

Here is more information about salvia.

A History of Salvia

There are many breeds of plants known as Salvia that are commercially available in most garden shops in North America, however, the Salvia that most people think of when the name comes up is Salvia Divinorum.

Salvia Divinorum is a small leafy green plant found primarily in the Mazateca region of Mexico. Sometimes called 'diviner's sage' the plant was traditionally used by indigenous peoples as a healing and divinatory aid due to its unique properties when chewed or smoked. When consumed in this manner, the active ingredient, Salvinorin-A produces psychedelic effects in the body ranging from mild to extreme.

Salvia Divinorum was first discovered in the late 1930's by a group of anthropologists studying medicinal and magical cures in Mexico. During their time in the Mazateca region they observed and cataloged many magical plants and remedies, bringing several back to the States to study. Among their discoveries were the use of morning glory seed, several varieties of mushroom and black nightshade.

The plant was rediscovered in the early 1990's by the global underground psychedelic culture and has seen some use and (in)fame(y) in recent years.
Effects

Salvia is what is normally called a 'strong psychedelic'. When smoked, Salvia has an onset time of about 20 seconds to two minutes. Peak experiences will usually be achieved within this time, but depending on the size of the dose and the individual, peaks can take up to 5 minutes to occur. The primary effects of the drug last anywhere from 5- 15 minutes during which the user goes through a 'psychedelic' experience. Psychedelic experiences can normally include closed and open eye visualizations, time distortion, social dissociation, altered thought patterns, altered behavior, dreamlike/childlike states, increased in sensations, changes in body temperature, senses of fear or panic, increased perspiration, introspection, feelings of presences outside the norm as well as feeling like oe has traveled 'somewhere' or 'somewhen' else. Salvia unlike many psychedelic tends to have a much shorter duration with 'long' trips tending to last a little under an hour, although some after effects may be felt up to an additional hour later.

As with all psychedelics, the effects of Salvia are largely dependant on the dosage, individual and often the environment. Further as Salvinorin-A does not currently appear to have a 'tolerance' effect, multiple uses of the drug can extend or amplify an episode. Always have a sober sitter and know your limits. Further, if you have a history of mental illness in your family, extreme caution should be used.
Dosage

Salvia is most commonly found in leaf(dried) or extract form. Typical dosage is determined by the type and strength of Salvia that you are choosing to do as well as by the method that you are taking it.

Dried leaves are typically smoked and it is hard to determine in advance how potent the leaf is. Leaves tend to have a lesser effect than extracts as extracts are concentrated Salvinorum- A.

Dosage for smoking an average potency leaf is as follows: Light: 1/4 of a gram to 1/2 a gram. Medium: 1/2 - 3/4 gram Heavy: 3/4 gram or more.

Please do remember that your body will not normally build up a tolerance to Salvinorum- A and that you should moderate your doses if you plan on doing more than one in a sitting.

Leaves can also be chewed similar to chewing tabac with dried leaves being moistened in water before chewing. The leaves are kept between the lip and the gum to increase absorption and the juices are swallowed.

Typical dosage for chewed leaves:

light: 10 g fresh/ 2 grams dried Medium: 30 g fresh/ 6 g dried Heavy: 50 g fresh / 10 g dried

Extracts are a little different. Typical extracts come in 5x 10x 15x and 20x potencies. This is refined Salvinorum -A - A and will have a bit more kick than your typical dried leaf.

Dosage for smoking typical 5x extract:

Light: 1/20 to 1/10th of a gram Medium: 1/15th to 1/6th of a gram Heavy: 1/8th to 1/4 of a gram.

For more powerful extracts scale your dosage up according with a light 5x dose being a medium 10x dose.
Legality

Salvia is considered a controlled substance in the following states: Delaware, Louisiana, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee.

While other the legality of the substance in other states is not known at this time, Salvia is not approved for consumption by the FDA.

Salvia is also considered a controlled substance in the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Italy, South Korea, and Sweden.

Other countries may also have law surrounding of possessing the plant or its products. As such please do be careful and research the local laws and regulations. [/url]

LoneCrow

Post by LoneCrow »

I would also like to add that this does not have DMT and does not show up on any drug tests.

Its unique properties have been studied but they are still not sure entirely how it is actually affecting the brain. But all the positive effects of it and the history of it proves its safe beyond a doubt.

Why are people hesitant to reply to this? I'm curious. This isn't like weed or other illegal substances. I refuse to do anything illegal. This takes one puff before bed and you are sleeping like a baby within 30 mins.

Quite the cure and not too expensive considering everything else we take to try and sleep.

Has anyone else tried it?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My guess is that people are a little skeptical for a couple of reasons. Generally speaking, people who write really long posts like you did are pushing something that they benefit from in some way. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not trying to pull a fast one on us.

Second, most of us are just weary of trying things. Those of us who have found equilibrium in some way have often spent a long time getting there. We just aren't willing to throw it away on the off-chance that this works. It's easy to try magnesium - I can go to my drug store and I can see a lot of evidence that it's not going to hurt me. This? It requires a lot more work - I have to research it, see if anyone else has used it, and I don't have a history of lots of people saying it works.

On a different front, some of us didn't ever try illegal drugs and the possible experiences with this may seem scary :shock: those in this camp my not be ready to surrender control to a drug and have vivid experiences.

Of course, those are just guesses on my part. I would LOVE for other people to pipe up and tell us if they've tried it. It's the only way we really learn and find out what works.

For me? I'm in the very second camp - I spent a long time in h-e-l-l, and I don't want to violate my tentative truce; it will happen eventually, then I'll be ready to try anything - and this will be on my list. So, from me, thank for posting it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

karnaswanson

Post by karnaswanson »

Hi,

I'm new to the board. I live in Mexico and take a liquid form of saliva to help with, ah hem, my digestion. I haven't noticed it helping with RLS, nor have I been able to talk with the powers that be about the eternal questions of life, it just helps loosen things up.

Karna

Haggi

Post by Haggi »

I've smoked Salvia before, as a psychedelic. I can't say anything about its effects on RLS as I haven't used it in years, but it is a quite potent psychedelic.

I probably won't use it again though. My experiences were too intense for my tastes, although they were not unpleasant.
--Haggi

becat

Post by becat »

Ok, I'll say is like I see it.
Haggi I have heard the same thing, not to mention you can buy it locally in heads and retro shops. It's pricey, but more scary than your post explains. Vivid hallucinations, that will not help with RLS or any anxiety we feel about RLS anyway.

I do think your post smacks of spam. And if it's not and your really honestly sharing your experiences, I wish you would have done so with out the Chemical break down, the websites included, and I just didn't like what I read.

After I did my own research, I was very unhappy to find that the teenagers have known about this for years, but as a party drug.......A trip drug.
Legal or not, I doubt I'd try it ever....I grew up in the 80s and saw plenty use things that were about the same or worse. The worse possibility is what scares me most.

Not to mention Lonecrow, we have people of all ages come here for support, to share, and to educate themselves. As a parent this is not what I would expect from a group this wonderful.
Just my own thoughts.
Lynne

LoneCrow

Post by LoneCrow »

[quote="ViewsAskew"]My guess is that people are a little skeptical for a couple of reasons. Generally speaking, people who write really long posts like you did are pushing something that they benefit from in some way. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not trying to pull a fast one on us.

I can assure you have no motivation here other than to help people. Thing is I can't smoke this stuff every night and go on mind blowing experiences. Even though it works, it may be good for people who have periodic problems.

I am in no way involved with anyone who makes or grows or sells the stuff. I'm just sharing what I found worked for me.

Since my problem has been much worse, my doc put me on sinemet and it seems to work well. Although I tend to wake up early in the morning with the restless legs again. I'm going back to see what I should do about it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi LoneCrow,

I didn't think you were trying to sell us anything, but people on here are a but skeptical at times. We've had lots of interesting people on here :wink:

I hope the Sinemet keeps working for a long time. Just as an FYI, it causes a condition called augmentation a LOT - like up to 70-90 percent of the time! So, watch your symptoms carefully. If they get worse - more frequent, earlier, more severe, etc. - immediately go back to the doc. You'll need to switch to a new drug.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

gtman

BEWARE!!!!

Post by gtman »

Read this post and was kinda shocked...not that I am putting down someone trying to help...not at all..but SALVIA...it is POTENT..yes it is bought over the counter..totally natural and legal...BUT!!!! seen the effects of it first hand...i didn;t try it...they guys in my band experimented with it at one of out practices out of curiosity..they are parents and were seeing kids thier childrens age using it wanted to see the effects...these guys have used many forms of substances over the years and warned..."it is the most intense feeling i have had...it is live an acid trip only shorter and more intense....not for people inexperienced with pschedilic drugs!".....just telling you what i know....would hate to see someone try it and have a bad experience....so be advised on that one...

gtman

correction!!

Post by gtman »

as for the legality of the substance in question..I said "it is totally legal"..just a not that is in Canada...the U.S. laws are I'm sure different and probably more strict so just correcting that to avoid getting myself or anyone else in legal trouble..

becat

Post by becat »

GTman,

Glad to hear from you and Lonecrow about the side effects.

I was told and researched it a bit........THIS IS Not what most of us are looking for, at all.

I have no idea what the law is about it, just didn't like what I read or what I have heard.

Most of us, would not put down anything that works for someone else....However, the is a line for myself......selling stuff here for profit, and this stuff crossed mine for sure.

Lynne