Anyone heard of glyconutrients?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ViewsAskew

Anyone heard of glyconutrients?

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am as skeptical as the author of this post. Expect I didn't try what he's telling us to try. I, as he did, have tried many many herbal and natural things and they have not worked. I have spent maybe a thousand dollars over the years. Now? It takes a lot before I shell out my money - I especially like to see studies, but who is going to fund them? So, I get interested in them, just not excited.

This one? Well, he makes it sound exciting. If I had time, I'd do some web searches, but I don't have time right now. So, here it is, for what it's worth. . .

http://2globalguys.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/10/
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

A guy in our cancer support groups sells MannaTech, and swears by it. Too pricey for me for a sugar solution. But if you try it, let us know if it works.

Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I doubt I will if it's pricey - I'm too busy at the moment to do any research and if after I do I find out it's all spendy. . . am not willing to spend oodles of money on anything that doesn't have any track record to speak of. Chasing miracles is too exhausting. And about as successful as chasing leprechauns.

Thanks for the input!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Chasing leprechauns sounds like a good middle of the night, when I can't sleep activity. :wink:

Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Hmm. I'm wary of a doctor who puts in Totally Random CAPITALS and exclamation marks on every other sentence. He's speaking marketing more than science there.

A websearch shows him hawking the stuff on tons of similar webpages that are all named the way you'd expect clearance-bin self-help books to be.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hmmm - I wonder what he gets out of it? If it sounds too good to be true. . .

Managing Your RLS