Restless Leg Oil that works!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
desertgirl

Oil

Post by desertgirl »

Hi Deb, I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for suggesting the oil. I plan on trying some of thier other products as well, they smell sooo good!
Jennifer
Jennifer
Looking for Hope..

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi debs, I have just ordered restless legs oil from the web site so fingers crossed and here's hoping. Just to let folk know that shipping to the UK is another $15, but hey if it works, then it is well spent. It is not expensive anyway. So here's to seeing how long it takes to get here, and looking forward to trying the oil. Especially as I have seen my doc and all my levels are good, Ferritin is 59, no diabetes, and awaiting a thyroid result and B 12 result.
Thanks again for the oil info. Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

You're welcome, Betty! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I don't think you'll need it. I haven't run into anyone that it isn't working for yet, but I do know that for some it takes a week or two to start showing consistant results. For most, it works from day one. The company claims a 95% success rate with it, and I'm starting to believe them!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Deb

jbcole

Post by jbcole »

Well I have to say that I am amazed! I have gone 4 days without Requip - a first in over 5 years! I am still having PLM's during the night that wake up my hubby but even those are getting better & I've only been using the oil for 5 days. I am sooo excited it's not even funny! Last nite I even fell asleep w/o thinking about the tingling & wondering when it would start!

I've already ordered some of the other oils to try them as well! Debs - you are a life saver! If this stuff keeps working we're going to try & get pregnant in May! THank you a million times for giving me that chance! And you know how exciting it is to live without RLS now and without the Klonopin & Requip - so you know how happy I am right now!

Thanks! JBCole

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Debs and JBCole
You are both having such good results with this oil, and I am awaiting its delivery, so I just wanted to ask, when did you stop the requip. i.e. did you stop requip immediately you started to use the oil, did you wean yourself off the requip first, or did you use the requip and the oil together for a time.
You have no idea how excited I am waiting to try this oil.
Betty
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

Hi Betty,

I'm not sure about JB, but I stopped both my Requip and Klonipin on the very first night. However, I kept them close at hand because I was not at all confident that the oil would work. But it did, and it has continued to work now for close to three months. I will admit that I have difficulty falling asleep without my Klonipin, but I had ordered the Sleep Aid oil at the same time and it was a life saver. It's hard to get your body adjusted to coming off of some of those medications! You don't even realize you've become addicted to them until you try to stop using them. That's the scary thing!

I hope you receive your oil quickly and that it works just as well for you as it has for others. Good Luck!

Deb

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well, not saying I am 100% gonna buy some, but I'd be interested in getting a link, so I can at least do some of my own investigating

ctravel12

restless leg oil that works

Post by ctravel12 »

Zach, I was also curious and in the search engine typed in Restless Leg Oil
and it brings up three or four items you can click on.

Good luck to everyone.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

If anyone is interested in trying the oil, just PM me and I will give you the information. My understanding is that we are not permitted to post links to products on this site, but I will be happy to email you the information I have.

Deb

Aff

Post by Aff »

i've ordered some :)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Like you Aff, I am now waiting the oil with anticipation.
Debs said she went straight to the oil from requip, without weaning herself off requip. Sounds extreme... Not quite sure which way to approach it. A bit reluctant about stopping the requip cold turkey!!!

Betty
Betty

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

Betty & Alf,

Please let me know how you guys do once you get the oil. Everyone I know who has tried it so far is getting relief with it. The more I hear from people, the more amazed I am.

I did go off of my Requip the very first night I used it, but I checked with my doctor first to make sure it was okay. I also went off my Klonipin, but ended up having to use the sleep aid oil in addition to the RLS one, because I couldn't fall asleep. I've run into quite a few people that had the same problem. Just goes to show how easily our bodies become addicted to this medication in one form or another.

Actually, that's one of the reasons I wanted to go off of everything. I know most doctor's say that having RLS doesn't mean you'll get Parkinson some day, but what if they're wrong? Nobody knows enough about it to convince me that is true, and I worried that if I do ever develop Parkinson's I'd be immune to every medication they had for it already!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Debs, I agree, I am sick of medication.
And all my recent Bloods etc. all read within the normal ranges. !!
It would be great to be rid of it all.
I'll let you know.
Betty :lol:
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Debs, just a thought - and a little bit of guidance needed.
My rls kicks in at about 2 pm when I am in work and at my desk.
If I am at home it kicks in when I sit down to watch a movie etc.
So can I use this oil whenever I want, and as often as I want, i.e. starting at lunchtime and thru to the evening and night-time. Or do I have to just save it for bedtime.
Betty

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

Betty,

The oil can be used anytime of the day, and as often as needed. However, I have found that if I use it during the day, I usually don't need it as much in the evening. The company states that you can use as many as 10 different oils per day and that they can be used on children as young as two years old, which is really great for the younger generation who suffer with this. Who wants their kids having to take a bunch of meds?