Restless Leg Oil that works!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Deb and Ray.
Just to make it clear to anyone else following this thread, When I started using the oil, I did not stop my requip, I just reduced it from 2mg to 1.5 mg. But the oil did not compensate for the .5mg difference. Indeed the .5mg difference drop in dosage was enough to send me crazy with rls symptoms. How on earth anyone has the determination to take it down to zero is beyond me at the moment.

Good luck to anyone else who tries it, cos we are all different.
After all, I like Marmite and most everyone I know detests it. Does anyone out there know what it is, or is it only a UK thing. Marmite is a vegetable extract spread for bread/toast, it is coloured black, looks and smells dreadful unless you are a fan of it. Kinda like Vegemite I guess.
My favourite is wholemeal bread, with banana on it, topped with Marmite, the thought of which makes everyone else run for cover. :lol:
bye for now, Betty

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

Hi Betty!

Trust me, there was no determination involved for me when I started using the oil. I put it on about an hour before I normally take my meds and then just sat there and waited. The only thing I was willing to risk at that point was having the symptoms start BEFORE I took my meds, which I usually don't do. Luckily for me, they never started. In fact, I've only had a few small tingles in my legs since starting the oil, and they've never gone any further than that.

I don't know why this stuff has worked so well for me and others, and seems to have done nothing at all for you. Maybe it has something to do with that Marmite you eat. That definately does not sound appetizing! lol

Take care of yourself, Betty. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the health care industry starts doing more research on this condition that aflicts so many of us. If they can figure out how to make an artificial heart, you'd think they could figure out what makes our legs go bonkers.

Deb
Don't knock it till you've tried it. Different things work for different people. Raining on everyone's parade doesn't work for anyone!

StefanieC

Post by StefanieC »

I also love this oil
Last edited by StefanieC on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StefanieC

Post by StefanieC »

ray wrote:I can understand someone finding something and wanting to let everyone know about it, that's great. But when you post 15 times about it and start pushing it as hard as you did what did you think would happen? Your an info-mercial.

You seem to be know quite a bit about the dangers of certain medications, you even quote studies about parkinsons drugs, studys, etc...

The product your touting is SCENTED OIL. Can you refere me to any serious study that's been done on your product and shown it to work with RLS besides the websites hawking it? What about the 95% success rate? Where's the link to that study that was done? Where was it done and by whom? Let me guess....there isnt one.

In the old days they called that a snake oil salesman. Just one sip and it cures whatever ails ya.

If you had come on and said "hey, I found this great stuff that smells really good and makes me feel a little better because it takes my mind off my RLS for a little while then fine. But you went waaay past that and suggested people might stop their medications completely if they bought the "magic oil".

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Its actually not a scented oil... scents are usually unnatural. If you even do a tiny bit of research on it you would realized that essential oils have exremely great healing properties, and to me anything that has been around for hundreds of years and always used in chinease medicine is much better and safer than some stupid drug doctors try to push on you.
Do a little research. The people who have really be influenced by this stuff (including me) will know that you are completely wrong, but people like you make everyone think it is a scam so they wont try it, instead they will be on meds all their life.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Sounds like we have another shill on our hands. StepfanieC seems to have joined these forums explicitly to post four times, on three different threads, about this oil.

So far, the only people this oil has worked for are:

debkenny - joined the day she started posting about the oil
jbcole - joined shortly before debkenny
StefanieC - joined yesterday and immediuately started posting about the oil on multiple threads

I'm done just watching this. I call BS. I think the only people the oil is doing anything for are the ones selling it.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

debkenny wrote:I don't understand why offering others the discount code I was given should be bothersome to anyone, but if it's a problem, I guess I'll quit offering it.

Ah, so now we know you are in the sales department, since ray has found out that the 20% discount code comes when you become a reseller.

From the website:

When you sign up to participate in our Wellness Home Distribution Program, you will be issued your very own website and personal discount code. When you direct your customers to your site, they will get a 20% discount from their entire order, and you will receive a 20% commission from the sales. It’s a win-win situation!

Are we done pretending now, deb?

(Like it wasn't obvious enough when you claimed to quite requip and klonopin cold turkey with no issues...)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

Aiken,

First off, I never claimed that I stopped the Klonipin and Requip without any issues. I had major issues falling asleep, even though the oil stopped my RLS symptoms. To me, that's a sure sign that I was addicted to the medication.

As far as the discount code goes, both you and Ray are wrong. Anyone who places an order with that company will begin receiving emails offering them a 20% discount on their next purchase. All I've done is shared the discount codes they send me with others.

I wish they sold an oil for Paranoia. I think a lot of people on this site could use it.

Deb
Don't knock it till you've tried it. Different things work for different people. Raining on everyone's parade doesn't work for anyone!

becat

Post by becat »

I'm locking this one too.
Lynne