Electrical stimulus?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Anonymous

Electrical stimulus?

Post by Anonymous »

I read somewhere that a dull electric pulse either in the feet or lower leg can help to alleviate the symptoms of RLS. My mother has a tinge unit somewhere around here, but I cant seem to find it.

Has anyone tried this before?

deanb

Electrical stimulus? Does Work

Post by deanb »

Hi,
June 11th I watched a show on sleep disorders on ABC. after watching the show. I finally could put a name on what happens to me at night with my legs, RSL. For years I have had RSL and told doctors about it, but they never could give my any reason for it or why. I thought I was the only one that had this problem.

I read all the information on the different web sites on RSL, but came away with the conclusion that there seems to be no cure or what causes it.

I have tried all kinds of things to get rid of it so I could at least get some sleep. I tried massage, (I’m a massage therapist) ice, vitamins, and so on, but not to much avail, until now.

I recently purchased a medical device called the ERE, Electro Reflex Energizer, it works on the reflexology points of the foot and also come with massage electro pads. I purchased the ERE to use to help with carput tunnel syndrome, parasites and massage my legs. It wasn’t until I listened to a conference call put on by the company that makes the ERE, someone said, since they started using the ERE for their legs that they also got relief with RSL. So I tried it. Great news. It works.

I have been using it for the last 3 weeks. Usually, I start getting RSL after I have slept for 3 hrs. When I feel it coming on I get up and use the ERE. I put the massage electro pads on the inside of my knees on mode one for 5 minutes and then I go back to bed and sleep.

I don’t make a claim that this is a cure, but it’s worth trying, since the company offers a 14 day money back guarantee. If you would more information on the ERE, you can email me at thegoodnews7co@yahoo.com and put RSL in subject line.

I hope this helps.
DeanB

:D [/img]

DeanB

Electrical stimulus? Does Work

Post by DeanB »

UPDATE: YES
July 14 2004 My 62 birthday. I posted comments about a health device called the ERE and how it gave me relief from RLS. I used it every night for 5 min. till the end of Aug. since then I have only use it once, my RLS is DRASTICALLY improved to the point were it scarcely ever bothers me. The ERE works with the nervous system and balances your body’s frequency.

I have also contacted the RLS Foundation to see if they would use it in a study. For more information go to http://www.chimassageexpert.com/ERE.html
After reading a lot of the research on RLS and not finding a what causes it. I wonder if it could have anything to do with parasites? Just a thought.

nephriticus

Post by nephriticus »

After reading a lot of the research on RLS and not finding a what causes it. I wonder if it could have anything to do with parasites?

I beg your pardon!!!

LOL :lol:
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.