From an engineering perspective...

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
arit

From an engineering perspective...

Post by arit »

Hello Dear Friends,

Found out today that I have RLS, and everything made sense at once. I had it since forever! And I thought it was normal...

Having read your experiences after finding this great site, I wish to thank you all for sharing. It is a great relief to know that the problem is defined.

My question is: Did anyone try any gadget or device to treat RLS? I have seen mostly medications.

I think I might have a few ideas on a device that could help...

Regards,

arit

ctravel12

from an engineering perspective

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi arit and wecolme to this group. I am glad that you found this site; however am sorry that you have rls. It is great group and you will definitely get wonderful support.

As trying different gadgets for rls, I have not. However if other members have am sure they will post you.

Good luck and hope is well with you today.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Arit, sorry you had to find us, but welcome. There are some devices that people have used, but the posts on them are sporadic. Check out the sticky post in this section. I tried to go back awhile and list what people used. It's the Compilation post and it lists things people have worn and machines or devices they have used.

My BIL has a machine - I haven't used it and it's not in the compilation post. I can't remember much about it, though I did post about it when he got it. It's supposed to help neuropathies - and it indeed did help him. He loved it, but since my meds finally work after a very long period of no help, I am too chicken to stop them to try it :roll: .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

arit

Hello

Post by arit »

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies.

I was not able to find a device through the net. I have a few ideas and I would like to share them with people here. Maybe together we can come up with a cool solution. If we come up with a prototype, I'll try to design and build it. We can split the profits...

I am more interested in a working solution than in the profits, though...

Regards,

arit

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn »

Hi Arit,

I have restless arms as well as legs and I've found that giving myself mild "judo chops" to my elbow area really helps relieve the symptoms. Of course, I can't do that all night, so if you can devise some gizmo to do that for me, I'll be your first customer.

Bjorn

DrWass2

Post by DrWass2 »

Hi
RLS seems to have many variations of symptoms. I get the creepy crawly kind of feeling that can go from calf to thighs to groin and even in arms.
An ace bandage seemed to help until i had so many areas covered I looked like a mummy. It occurred to me that compression stockings might work.
I have found them to be great and have been trying to get everyone here to try it and log in with the results. So far... some have said it works. others say that they can't stand any pressure so it would be worse. The tight pressure of the medical grade compression stockings seem to satisfy the need to move. They let me sleep. What ideas do you have?
I want to avoid any medication due to the side effect they all have.