using private messages

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ctravel12

using private messages

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi to all. I have been reading alot of different posts and I just want to say if someone does not like what a person is posting it would be great to just private message that person/s.

I feel we need to give the new people a sense of relief that this board is all about support and we are there to help them out as much as we can and especially be there for them when needed. .

I hope that I have not offended anyone, but just felt this needed to be said.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ray

Post by ray »

agreed

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not to disagree, but not to agree completely. There is a line between attacking a person and attacking their position (though the person who is having their position attacked can feel that they are being personally attacked, even when they are not). Attacking the position often helps all of us see something in a different way. Attacking a person rarely is conducive to any goal (except to make ourselves feel more superior for a moment or two) and it doesn't make a different if it's in private or public.

I've been on the receiving end of some not so nice personal attacks on this board. I wouldn't have wanted them in private, either.

My personal preference is that we think about all of those things we've learned about dealing with conflict productively- you know, do unto others, take a deep breath, will it really matter in two weeks, consider the source, or whatever works for you.

If you want to argue in private, please don't attack the person. That isn't any more productive - and maybe more harmful - than doing it in private.

Of course, just my perspective.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.