Mirapex

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jumpylegs

Mirapex

Post by jumpylegs »

Hi, I'm new to this group. So glad to find this web site. I have a question about Mirapex. If any one else is on this med, do you know how long you can be on it? I have been taking it for about 5 years. IT does help, if I miss a dose, I go nuts. My concern is, when I walk up hills or up alot of steps, my legs begin to burn or ache . Almost right away. And , is there any side effects to Mirapex. I'm concerned about the muscles in my legs. I have asked the Drs., they say no. But wanted to talk to someone else who is taking this.
Thanks,

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi JumpyLegs, welcome. You'll find some discussions on Mirapex in the Pharmaceutical Section. I know one of them is called Dopamine Agonists, I remember because I started it! In that thread I list some of the weird side effects I got.

I just did a search and also found this one:

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/vie ... 36&start=0

I took it for 2 years and didn't get any burning or anything like that when walking/exercising. Maybe someone else has some info. It can be a lot of work, but it may be worth it to read through the other posts; never know what you'll find!

Ann

jan3213

Welcome Jumpylegs

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, it's Jan

I've been on Mirapex for about 5 years, at least, and have experience no side effects at all, especially like you. I don't know what's going on--wish I could help.

I wanted to welcome you to the site. I'm so glad you've found us! Sorry you have RLS! You'll find lots of fine people here. You've already met Ann! We have people who are great at researching, people with some experience regarding medications, and a lot of us who are willing to lend an ear or a shoulder when you need to vent, or you are just having a bad day (and we all do). We are a good group of people who care for one another. We are a family. And, we're glad you've found a home!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Phyl

mirapex

Post by Phyl »

Thank you all who replied about my question. I will do more research on this.

Also, when I tried to send the post yesterday, I couldn't use my user name for some reason. So I had to use "jumpilegs" sorry about the mix up. thanks again,
Phyl

nephriticus

Post by nephriticus »

Also, when I tried to send the post yesterday, I couldn't use my user name for some reason. So I had to use "jumpilegs" sorry about the mix up. thanks again,

Phyl (and others)

This discussion board has a quirk and I haven't figured out what it is, but I've found how to compensate. Not everyone seems to experience this quirk so I'm wondering if it's browser related. I use Netscape.

When you log-in, if the "log-in" at the top of the screen doesn't change to "log-out (your handle)", then log-in a second time whereby it will change to the "log-out" mode. You will then be fully logged in and can use your normal 'handle'.
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

carol

mirapex many yrs

Post by carol »

i have been on it 4 many yrs.. didnt lealize my health problems 9some0 were being caused by it. they found blood in my urin...went through many test. and have sleep apea..and would some times just fall asleep when talking to some one..or sit for even a short time... almost stopped my mirapex.. and fell 75% better.. but it is the only thing that helped my legs...now what?

shariw303

Mirapex

Post by shariw303 »

[color=yellow]I have been on Mirapex for approx. 6 years, and have no side effects at all. Couldn't get a lick of sleep if I didn't have it. I pace all night long when I run out and forget to call my doc.[/color]