GYAN MUDRA (Yoga) worked for my Mom

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
gunabcd

GYAN MUDRA (Yoga) worked for my Mom

Post by gunabcd »

First of all Thanks to Everyone on this site for sharing their experience, knowledge. I knew this site for a few months but found this group/board while looking for reviews about a too-good-to-be-true OIL. anyways...

My mom who is 60 has RLS for almost 40 years now(after my elder sister was borned). She wraps her legs/hands tightly with bandage or rope or walks all night. She has tried DOZENS of therapies (ayurveda, homeopathy, magnetic water/belt etc), nothing worked. My dad has been practising yoga for a few years now, and he suggested her some Mudras, and she is now getting better sleep for the last few weeks. My dad forced her to do this mudra for an hour for 7days, now suggests she should do it for at least 15 minutes and at least 5 days a week. This is how it's done:

Touch the top of your Thumb with the top of pointing finger and press just a little while keeping the other 3 fingers together and streight easily (do not stretch them), also keep the lower half of pointing finger streight and together with middle finger (google gyan mudra for picture). Ideally, you should hold this position for 45 mintues, but you can start from 15 minutes. It's better to do the Mudra with both hands simultaneously. It can be done anytime, anywhere, in any position, sitting, lying in the bed.

This mudra freshens the Brain, maximizes it's power, increases concentration, strenghens memory,increases sleep quality. Very useful for people with insomnia, paranoia, histeria, short temper, depression; students.

I'm 33/Male, I had severe RLS several months ago but i quit tea and regular soda (now i drink only caffein free) and now it's very mild (once a week or so that too only for a few minutes). I'm going to try gyan Mudra for sleeping early.

If you try it (try at least a week) then let us know the results.