magnets

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Cowboy Dave

magnets

Post by Cowboy Dave »

A friend of mine went to a sales pitch for an outfit that sells magnet pads. One of the things mentioned was a magnet matress pad would cure RSL. Anyone heard of this or tried. Thanks

eliza

Post by eliza »

For awhile I tied magnets around the soles of my feet. It definitely helped settle my legs.

However, once I tried tying them around my leg just below the knee and it sent the RLS over the top instantly. I couldn't rip them off fast enough.

So, personally I would be afraid to try the mattress.

Eliza

ctravel12

magnets

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Cowboy Dave. Do not know if I welcomed you to the group. If not welcome and if I did well welcome again. I am always leary about somethiing when they say it will cure the rls. I am not saying there will never will be a cure buttttttttttt. I appreciate you sharing this with the group.

I am sure other members will post regarding this.

Eliza it is good to see you posting again. Hope all is well with you
Charlene
Taking one day at a time