RUNNING!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Anonymous

RUNNING!

Post by Anonymous »

I have officially become a runner. Sinemet caused depression and weight gain for me, so I switched doctors and meds (to Permax) and started running. At first I couldn't run long, but for the first time in my life I can consider myself a runner. It has helped me sleep- now if I can just stay asleep...

In training for a marathon to keep my motivation during this icy cold weather.

Any other runners out there? What time of day do you run? I have tried all times of day- don't enjoy the morning- too tired. Daytime doen't help me sleep. I run after putting the kids to bed usually.

Cheers!
B Bauer :D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Welcome, B Bauer. . .just thought I'd share that I can't think of anything I dislike more than running :lol:. Breasts are not meant to participate in such an event IMHO :P .

But what an awesome accomplishment for you. From depressed and overweight to marathons! That is truly cool. Glad you found something you like. I think I'll stick to swimming (breasts float).

Ann

Anonymous

work and RLS

Post by Anonymous »

I have since switched to Mirapex- forgot to mention that. Been a little better, but get stiff a lot unless I move around still. Have symptoms all day, but not very severe. As good as it gets? Good enough for me anyway- it keeps me on my feet enough to visit my "troops"- which is a good thing- I've always been a MBWA (Management By Walking Around) type of person. I absolutely hate meetings :(