Happy exhaustion as cure LOL

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Sezzy

Happy exhaustion as cure LOL

Post by Sezzy »

We've just celebrated eid, and for the last two days and nights I have been chasing my 19 month old daughter around parks and halls, eating lots of sweets, drinking arabic coffee and dancing. I'm also heavily pregnant.

THE LAST TWO NIGHTS- DEEP, BEAUTIFUL SLEEP AND NO RLS :0

Obviously I can't do this every day (can hardly walk this morning) but perhaps there is something to be said for the exercise at night thing, which I see has been helpful for others here.

I also thought I could try to inject some of that holiday enthusiasm into my daily life instead of sitting down on my butt at the first sign of sore feet and complaining:)

S.
Sleepless Down Under

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

That's great that you've gotten good sleep the last couple nights!

Is eid the end of Ramadan? Is that a celebration to mark the end of the fasting? And being pregnant and all, did you still have to fast?

I guess you'll just have to keep up the celebrating and running around until you're exhausted. :wink: I know I sleep better when I get a lot of exercise.
Susan

Sezzy

Post by Sezzy »

Hi Susan :)

Yes it is the end of Ramadan :( No, I didn't fast due to pregnancy and iron deficiency.

I tried ironing myself out again yesterday LOL and yes I slept better but RLS back again- only one time badly during the night so not all night or multiple "attacks". It started in the car on the way home last night actually- I hate that, you just can't move around enough to soothe it.

S.
Sleepless Down Under