Playing drums has helped me alittle

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]

Playing drums has helped me alittle

Post by Guest »

I'm 17 years old and have had RLS all of my life. I can remember having it as a little kid. When I was little I wouldn't want to ever go to sleep b/c of my legs and arms hurting and I'd wake my parents up. My doctor claimed it was "growing pains". I was just diagnosed a year ago by an neurologist since my parents didn't think I was growing that much anymore and wanted to find out why I was in pain almost all the time. I take Neurotin. It helped the first month but now I'm having pain every day now.

Anyways. I just started playing drums last spring and it helps a tiny bit to get my mind off of the pain. It also gives me a fun way to move my legs to stop the pain. I also have been running which seems to help my legs and arms for a few hours after I finish running. Just wondering if anyothers play drums who have RLS.