GLUCOSAMINE

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
lyndarae

GLUCOSAMINE

Post by lyndarae »

I picked up some Bayer Nutritional Science, Joint and Bone Vitality the other day, when I went to the doc he was interested if the glucosamine was helping or not. I have only been taking one in the morning 1500mg, so really cant tell yet,I have done some research online about it, but always get the best information here so thought I would ask ya"ll if you know any thing about it and if it might help with rls pain or if it causes other problems??? Thanks~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Lyndarae, how's it going over there in Idaho? We got snow yesterday; it seems like you were already getting snow a while back...

I take glucosamine, or should say that I try to take glucosamine/chondroitin/ MSM. Those 3 things usually seems to come together. I like the chewable ones from GNC because I get sick of pills. It does seem to help me a lot, but not with the deep, achy RLS pain. It seems to help my knee joints when I walk. I don't know any reason why it would bother the RLS.

The thing about glucosamine is that it either works for you or it doesn't and it takes about a month of using it consistently to find out. I know that it works for me, and you reminded me of that and I need to get to GNC to get my chewable thingees. So thanks!

Good luck with it.
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Used it for about a year. Really didn't noticing helping anything==rls or otherwise. Almost sure I read a latest research article about it pretty much debunking it as a meaningful product. Then again we are all different.

M>
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My mom takes it..doesn't affect her RLS negatively or positively. But she does find it makes a difference in her arthritis. As Mark said...we are all different.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Well I been taking it for over a month now and I am still walking like I am 80 so I dont think I will buy amother bottle thanks guys ~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Sorry to hear that, Lyndarae.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Lyndarae, I think it maybe takes several months to benefit from this, tho I'm talking of arthritis, don't know about rls.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hubby takes it and has helped him. Now his brother tried and never helped him. But we all say that it depends on the person and what works for them. I have never taken it so cannot give any input for myself.

Lyndarae hope that you are feeling better and are taking some quality time for yourself.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time