Stop the RLS with elevation.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
legsup

Stop the RLS with elevation.

Post by legsup »

I sometimes can obtain relief from the rls by elevating my legs. If you have a heart condition I would not do this but it helps me often. I place pillows under my knees and feet. This allows me to at least fall asleep. This doesn't help me all the time but it does sometimes.

Post by Guest »

this often helps me as well. sometimes it works and i fall asleep. other times (like tonight) it doesn't and i have to get up out of bed and walk around.

wannasleepbutcan't

Post by wannasleepbutcan't »

raising legs with a pillow helps, as does putting a pillow between my legs and sleeping on my side. sometimes I also leave a radio on with a timer to keep my mind busy until I fall asleep. tv works too, if I set it with the timer for at least 30 minutes.

Post by Guest »

Putting a pillow between my legs and sleeping on my side helps for me too most of the time.

jumpyowl

Interesting observation...

Post by jumpyowl »

suggests a circulatory connection. This is definitely for ORP and herewith I mark them for eventual collation. Good job, people! :)
Jumpy Owl