Thinking of trying Kratom

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
MattNW

Thinking of trying Kratom

Post by MattNW »

I've been trying some of the ethnobotanicals for RLS and so far only limited success with Salvia Divinorum. It settles the legs down but it's effects only last 45 minutes or so and the hallucinogenic properties distract from sleep.

Recently however I have found out about Kratom. It's an opioid similar to codene but not as intense according to some reports. It's said to be very relaxing with the right dosage. Not good to take too little or too much. Too little is actually stimulating while too much causes nausea. Best of all is it's legality. So far it's still legal in the US. I don't have definitive info on it's legality state by state but I do know it's legal in my state of Indiana so I thought I might want to give it a try.

Has anyone tried this? If so what are your impressions?