two things that work for me

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
naturalway_08

two things that work for me

Post by naturalway_08 »

Two things that work for me are magnesium (I get this in a liquid form from my naturopath in Texas), but believe it can be found in pill form as well. I think the bottle is about $15.

Also, an oil called Nighttime Leg Calm that is placed on the lower back at bedtime or when legs are bothering you. I get it at (removed by moderator - no posting of consultant websites allowed)
I was petrified to get on an airplane at night because of my RLS. I also put this oil on my back prior to the trip and it was easy. The oil is cheap - less than $15 and the first bottle lasted nearly a year.

Hope this helps some of you!

naturalway_08

moderation

Post by naturalway_08 »

since they won't allow the website for this oil that worked for my RLS, maybe you can email me if you want the link to find it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Absolutely - anytime something works for someone, feel free to say it worked and ask people to Private Message using the internal email system or email to your personal email.

Glad to hear those things worked for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

What is the main ingredient and why put it on the lower back?

Welcome to the board! :)
thanks,

naturalway_08

main ingredient & placement

Post by naturalway_08 »

The oil contains grape seed oil and a blend of lavender, rosemary, and ginger.

The oil relieves pain, reduces inflammation, and relaxes the muscles of the back, legs, and sciatic nerve area. It is placed on the lower back because the sciatic nerves begin on both sides of the tail bone and continue down both buttocks and legs.

Hope this helps you! Feel free to send a private message.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

This is the same oil that prompted a rather large hoo-hah when someone showed up a year or so back and immediately suggested it in their very first post, offering a link to a site that sold it.

We eventually found out that the poster was receiving a kickback for every unit sent out.

As for results, several people ordered, and I think only one of them got anything out of it.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

becat

Post by becat »

That could be one reason not to allow anyone to sell things here.

Another might be that that product all calm has been around as long as I have on the board. Honestly it really may work well for those that suffer with a lower level of RLS or have it secondarily, who knows.

The truth is that the RLS foundation sponsors this board and is very kind to let us vent and talk as we pretty much please.

However, since it is thier board we follow thier rules about unbiais information.

Thus why you can tell us why something helps you, but you can't sell it or be a shill for it here. I like it that way myself.
Anyone that has ever plugged RLS into a search engine can tell you that All calm and other products like that, pop up first everytime. Because someone has paid to get them there.

I prefer to hear other people experiences, not a sales pitch. Not that Naturalway was Selling. Honestly grape seed can do wonders for many things, and I love my lavendar.

Lynne

naturalway_08

response to posts

Post by naturalway_08 »

As my subject line read "two things that work for me"...

Magnesium in liquid form helped a bit, but took awhile because my body was so low. In the meantime, the Nighttime Leg Calm also works well. I know this from personal experience. I really do not care if someone is making money on it, obviously it is not free. If it works, it works.

The pharmaceutical and the doctors are making plenty on prescriptions and nobody bats an eye. Many doctors receive vacations simply by the amount of prescriptions they write. I know many doctors personally, as well as a vice president of a pharmaceutical company.

Nothing works for everyone all the time, but both of these have helped me tremendously. Your skin ABSORBS, that is why this oil works. It may not work for some of you, but it works great for me. Usually within five to ten minutes I can fall right to sleep. Both of my children have RLS. One in the legs and one in the arms. I only use the oil on them and they feel an immediate relief.

Just because this oil and magnesium works for me most of the time doesn't mean I suffer a "lower level of RLS". I have suffered with this since pre-teen years. There are many nights I wanted to chop my legs off because of the pain in them. I couldn't fly anywhere after 4pm and I had to be in bed on my stomach by 6:30 or 7pm EVERY night. I lived in the jacuzzi.

I hardly think that is a lower level.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Natural Way,

I was not trying to be harsh, I'm sorry if it came off that way.

I was really trying to explain why those rules are in place.

You did share the website and it was editted, but you also DID share the most important thing to all of us, your experience. That is a great thing, I was not knocking at all.
So many people come here and with different levels of RLS that I welcome the personal experiences, like yours, that don't cost a person unneeded medication.

I think all of us agree that we should always try natural and life style changes before any meds.. So your post is important to those that can get by with those two things.

I use natural things as well, but have to have my medications as well. With that said, I really do use many non-pharm things that help or can help, because my medication doesn't always override my RLS.

Jill Gunzel, a wonderful woman and champion of being the RLS Rebel, taught us that your "bag of tricks" should contain many things to allow anyone a "normal" or close to normal life.

I hope you stick around the board, because we want you here and you can be the voice to many that don't require medications. We need people with every level of RLS here to truely be effective. You count, too!

I hope you continue to share and please think about my apology, I meant no harm to you.

Lynne

naturalway_08

Post by naturalway_08 »

no problem