my dominant eye switch method

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jarvisbasnite

my dominant eye switch method

Post by jarvisbasnite »

I was diagnosed with RLS on April 1, 2008. Needless to say, " my life since the age of 6 years old has been an incredible struggle with many brief signs of greatness that would never last". After six visits to the my general practitioner and many prescriptions later, I now finally had the final piece of the puzzle in place, so my mind could begin healing my RLS along with countless other addictions, that just seemed to get worse and worse as the years went by.
On Apr. 2 after hours of lying in bed riddled with insomnia and sleep deprived beyond belief I, in sheer depiration, discovered the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. While lying there staring at the back of my eyelids I noticed that over the course of my life there had been several key events that had caused me to become so right eye dominant that my left eye was hardly even being us for peripherial vision. Something told me that night that this was probably not a very good thing, so I tried with all my might for a few minutes to make my left eye dominant, and you know what, I did it, and I fell asleep so dang fast it would make anybody's head spin.
That spark between the two hemishpere's of my brain was the only thing it needed to begin the rebuilding process and man has it been at work since. Over the last 30 days I have developed what I call the DES Method . My formal education on this is very limited, so please bear with me, but I believe that this will be the most effective form of cognitive therapies for RLS along with countless other diseases, disorders, and syndromes. Over the last 30 days I have sucessfully trained my brain, thru classical conditioning, to learn 15 documented settings for my eyes that can be called upon at will with my eyes open or closed. For example, I have a setting for any type of competition, and one for relaxing, and one for running my business. Basically what the DES Method has done for me, is exercise my mind in such a way during the day, that it can not help but be tired enough to sleep thru the RLS that has kept me up all my life prior at nights. I must sign out now, but I will continue over the next few days and would love to here ANY input. Be strong all!!!!!!!! Rabe :D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wow. Sounds like you have been busy.

I imagine that several people will want to try what you've learned.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Hi Rabe and welcome to the board. I'm sorry it's under the circumstances of rls.

I admire the attention you are giving your mind and your health. You seem to be a very thorough person and you are benefiting greatly from that. Thos of us who have had rls for decades can truly relate to what you go through.

I, for one, thank you for your input into possible remedies for the rest of us. Although I know that what works for one does not necessarily work for others I do believe that an open mind to trying non-pharmaceutical remedies is important.

My suffering is complicated by other medical issues that affect my rls dramatically. I do a lot of "mind over matter" training of my mind to make it through the day.

Just wanted to let you know I am enjoying reading your posts and hope to see more from you in the future. I believe you can be an asset to the board by sharing your experiences. You also support others with your replies to their posts. Thank you or being here and sharing.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.