Energy Healing

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
AnnLee

Energy Healing

Post by AnnLee »

In November of 2004 I began taking workshops in "Quantun-Touch" and started practicing on my own legs. I have had RSL for over 20 years and have been on Colonazepam 0.5mg (sometimes 1 or 2 tabs a night) for the last 5 years. I now no longer take the drugs, but I do have to run energy to my legs from the knees down to my feet whenever I feel the need.

Energy Healing is starting to become acceptable in the medical profession, where I see nurses, dentists and other professionals go to the workshops.

Post by Guest »

I haven't heard of this before. I know you have to learn how to do it but could you explain how it works?

becat

Hi Annlee

Post by becat »

Hi Annlee,
I heard about these type of schools back in the mid 80's, when living in San Antonio, Tx. I was so amazed by this theory. I had had miagraines for several years at that point and there was no real medication for them. My best friend from high school had the most amazing power of healing in her hands. She would massage my face if I got a headache. Yes, massage feels good when in pain. BUT what I realized is that she had an electric component to her hands. After a while I would concentrate on the tiny shocks, not painful, my face was getting.
When I heard about this school in San Antonio I thought about J., she had that same healing touch. It's a real thing in my book. I know that eastern medicine uses some of the same principals. The truest forms of this therapy do not always invovle touch. The hands hover slightly above the body. I'm thinking that providing this for yourself will be difficult. However, it may be like meditation or bio feed back.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner »

Being a senior in a bachelors of nursing program, we have had some extensive course and or practical work with the energy healing therapies. Nursing is big into alternative therapies unlike the majority of the md community. Hard to do for yourself, actually they never advised this. Instead, it needs to be a trained practitioner and there is some evidence that it does indeed work.

Bonby

EFT

Post by Bonby »

Emotion Free Technique ( EFT ) I t helps head aches and many other things I quit smoking with this technique. It's like acupuncture without
the needles. You tap the meridian points Works great. Bonny