Gluatmine - big help

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
georger

Gluatmine - big help

Postby georger » Sun May 25, 2008 5:59 pm

I have been logging in to talk about supplements for a couple of years. I used to take Tyrosine, and really loved it. Somehow during the last year I have switched to just taking Glutamine right before bed.

I have changed a number of my habits, and have been able to reduce my RLS symtoms quite abit. As I mentioned before that if I get real stressed out or depressed then it can flare up.

I now use MBT Shoes, (see MBT - Masai Barefoot Technology Shoes on the internet) nearly all the time, do pilates in the morning, walk and do yoga before I go to bed. My only drugs are a very small "chip" off a low dosage mirapex tablet and 1/2 a clonazepam, which I am working toward getting off of. I have already checked and am not addicted to it. I am just superstious and slow to change anything quickly, as a I sleep like a baby every night.

I highly recommend Glutamine at bedtime. The yoga may end up being a "relaxant" for me and may allow me to stop clonazepam. I now see my RLS being related to shock to my leg muscles and or spine, and that I can effectively relieve this with different shoes, exercise and yoga. The Glutamine effects muscles and I believe has a connection to the brain - but I need to do more research on it.

thank you for the recent comments on Tyrozine, it is nice to see other people benefiting from it.

Sherry

Return to “Physical Treatments”