I found something that works for me!!! YIPPY!!!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Betty/WV

Re: Oil for RLS

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi All: I think I have become a skeptic about alot of things because of all the scams out there. As for the oil for RLS, if it helps someone that is wonderful. But recently I overheard a conversation, a lady with leukemia was talking with another lady, the lady was telling her of a cure for cancer, ASPARAGUS. She was so convinced that if the lady with cancer ( she is in advanced stages) would eat asparagus she would be cured. I was so discussed with the conversation I wanted to butt in. But I didn't. I think the lady with cancer was wise enough to know better. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

mackjergens

Post by mackjergens »

Several yrs ago my sister in law died of cancer and guess what she use eat every night before bed and this was yrs before she had cancer. yep.. ASPARAGUS

Bryan3 Again if the oils work for you that is great. but so many people will run out and spend money on the oils and will be dissappointed again when it does not work for them. Again I truely believe the research I have read about rls and I believe its a neuro problem and I honestly cant imagine how rubbing oil on ones legs will cure rls.

But I am very happy if it works for you.

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

I had very good results for about a year using this particular wellness oil from this same company. They sent me a free sample, which lasted for nearly 6 months, and my symptoms were immediately gone. I don't think it is a "cure" but rather a means to alleviate symptoms, and they tell you that it won't work for everyone. After about a year, my symptoms returned, but I was very grateful to have had a year without symptoms.

I don't like taking prescribed medications, though I went on Requip for about 18 months after the oil stopped being effective, but last year discovered that aluminum was a major cause of my symptoms. I discovered that many things I was consuming, from toothpaste, vitamins, antacids, and foods baked on aluminum foil were contributing to my symptoms. I eliminated these things, and I'm now off of the Requip, and still keep a bottle of the Nighttime Leg Calm oil handy.

I wish more research was available on what causes RLS. I think toxins in the body might be a place to start.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Its always great to hear of someone who is finding relief from their symptoms.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had tried this oil (twice) without success but am always happy to hear what works for someone else. If anything at all gives relief - its happy days.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation