Breakthrough Discovery?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
elanorbreton

Breakthrough Discovery?

Post by elanorbreton »

Hi, it's me again (Sleepy Elanor!).

Sorry to keep pestering you lot, it's just that as I am new to it all I'm trying to find out as much as possible. Three more questions, if you don't mind:

I just came across this website called www.restlesslegscured.com/miracle_cure.htm telling me I can be free from RLS if I buy their book! I assume it's a con, has anyone tried it? I tried searching through the forums and couldn't find anything about it, I don't think I've got to grips with searching this forum very well yet.

Also, I've seen a few recommendations for trying 'Restful Legs' by Hylands and wondered if anyone knows how I can get it in the UK. The sites that I have tried say that they only ship in the US or Canada.

Lastly, do many people have much success using a nice warm electric blanket?

Momo

Post by Momo »

Hi Elanor, I don't know anything about the books, but I have had some success with a heating pad. It works even better if i put a damp cloth between the pad and my legs, I quess i benifit from the humidity... idk. Unfortunately, during the summer, the last thing I want to do is apply heat to my body. However, I find that a heating blanket doesn't get hot enough to help, and all it does is irritate my legs even more. I hope this helps you at least a little. ~Momo :)
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Don't want to sound cynical, but I reckon if rls could be cured, that Dr. B would have told us about it ?????
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Think we had some posts about that before and I think it was a "don't waste your money type of thing." Not sure if it has something to do with reducing salt or something like that.

I also enjoy hear such as a warm bath or the gel pads you put in the microwave. Not sure dry heat does all that much for me.

Best wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, people have bought it...a con.

Heat helps some...cold helps others. Warm baths, pads, blankets, etc. Or cold packs. Try it and see. Some people advocate hot/cold - a warm bath followed by a cold blast of icy water.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.