tv & radio to sleep?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
wannasleepbutcan't

tv & radio to sleep?

Post by wannasleepbutcan't »

anyone else set a timer on a radio or tv to fall asleep to before the unit shuts off? This almost always helps me, I guess by keeping my brain busy.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

On the occasions when I threw myself out of the marital bed and onto the couch last year I found that the "new age/relaxtion" music channel on cable tv excellent an "lullaby" and would doze off after about 30mins.

These days we have a portable soundsystem in the bedroom and a selection of relaxation cd's which, even if I don't doze off before they finish, help me to relax.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Laura W

Re: tv & radio to sleep?

Post by Laura W »

I put a CD of KJV on and it occupies my brain so deeply that even if I end up with an episode I still find refreshment and rest of a sort.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm all for whatever works.
May I ask....what is KJV ?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Most nights I fall asleep to Family Guy streamed on netflix. I have to turn it down so low I can barely hear it.

pamhb

Post by pamhb »

I listen at a low level to political news on YouTube, when I'm trying to make up some extra sleep between 6 am and 10 am. It distracts my mind from the fact that it's 6 am and I've only have 3.5 hours of sleep; it lets me know that I've actually slept (I can't remember what anyone said), and it acts as a bit of a timer since if I can't remember any of an hour program, I must have slept an hour....