None Pharm Nose or sinus rinse.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
becat

None Pharm Nose or sinus rinse.

Post by becat »

Ok, so some of us have had a talking in the past about netti pots and sinus rinses.

And I finally got onboard and tried one and have the mixture for make it yourself receipe as well.

The receipe is as follows:

1/3 t. salt
8 oz. of warm, not hot water. Boiled and cooled or use distilled.
and a pinch of baking soda.

Now I bought a bottle rinse, it is a bottle not a pot. I can use more pressure using the bottle. Mine is the brand name AYR, but I don't think it matters about the brand. It came with 100 premixed packets with it and the refills are available without the bottle.
I got mine at CVS, again don't think it matters where you get it or the brand.

Let me tell you, I have not had this much relief since I was a child. I tried to use it in the shower, because I am cleaning out old stuff at this point in my head. When you stand upright it drips, LOL, gross I know, but yeah....
My head is clear, my cheek bones do not hurt anymore, and I can breath.

If I had a cold or the flu I would do it more than once a day and maybe the water warmer, than normal. Honestly, I'm not scare now to have a cold, not like I use to. I think this thing is great.

It does leave a taste in your mouth but that goes away quickly.

I'm not selling a brand or a method, just telling everyone what has worked wonders for me.

With the amount of rain and the house closed up this past week with the Hurricane Ike, I should have been in real pain with my sinuses, it just never happened.
YEAH.

Lynne

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Lynne
Thanks for this info. Hubby has real bad sinuses so I will keep this in mind.

Take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Your welcome Miss Charlene,

It really has been gross, but so helpful I will not give it up.

This is a great thing for those of us that get caught with allergies and infections, oh the flu.....we'll see if it help there, but hopefully, later on that one.

Hugs Lynne