Non Pharm off and on

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
yannabell

Non Pharm off and on

Post by yannabell »

:cry: I've been dealing w/RLS for about 8 years, which I'm told by my Dr. is a side effect of the PKD (polysistic kidney disease) I have.

:x Even though I have 100% kidney function, I am experiencing numerous side effects of the disease (HBP, RLS, pre-Diabetes...) and subsequently on numerous meds.

:( Since the Clonazepam I was prescribed was also bringing me down, I wanted to try natural things. For a while I was doing really well without the meds then I moved and had to go back on meds.

:D However, now I'm off the meds and have resumed my routine of walking almost daily, taking a hot bath or jumping in the jaccuzi and then going to bed when I first feel tired instead of trying to 'stay up to get this or that done'.

:D With those 3 things in my arsenol, majority of the time I am able to relax and fall asleep before the RLS kicks in.

8) Best wishes to everyone... I pray we all find something that works for us!

Yannabell

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

y, welcome and thanks for the post. i'm so glad that your regimen is working for you and that you have many years of continued success with it.

best wishes,

m.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.