SPORTA-FLX MASSAGE GEL.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
happy legs

SPORTA-FLX MASSAGE GEL.

Post by happy legs »

HI EVERYONE, I AM NEW TO THIS BOARD AND WANTED TO POST ABOUT A PRODUCT I STARTED USING. FIRST OF ALL I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OF US SUFFER FROM THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH HERE ON THE WEB AND TRIED JUST ABOUT ANYTHING I COULD TO HELP ME. MY DOCTOR OF COURSE HAS BEEN PUSHING PERSCRIPTION MEDS, TESTS, REFERALS. SEEMS LIKE THE MEDS HAD WORSE SIDE EFFECTS THAN MY RLS. I DON'T OWN THE COMPANY OR HAVE STOCK IN IT. [JUST TO CLEAR THE AIR ON THAT ONE.]

I WAS A SKEPTIC WHEN I FOUND THE SPORTA-FLX, BUT SEEING AS IT WAS AN ORGANIC PRODUCT I FELT I HAD NOTHING TO LOSE, AND THE PRICE WAS RIGHT. IT HAS HELPED ME 100%, I CAN AT LAST SLEEP AT NIGHT. EVEN THE WEIGHT OF THE COVERS ON MY BED WOULD GET MY LEGS GOING 100MPH. UP AND DOWN OUT OF BED, EATING BANANAS,
RUNNING WATER ON THEM DIDN'T WORK.

IF THE DOCTORS WOULD OF TOLD ME TO STAND ON MY HEAD AND GARGLE I WOULD OF DONE IT. LOL
THERE IS NO SMELL TO THIS PRODUCT, IT DIDN'T BURN MY SKIN, I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR GLOVES TO MASSAGE IT, NOT STICKY EITHER.
I FOUND THE WOMAN I TALKED TO ON THE PHONE WHEN ORDERING, WAS A WEALTH OF INFORMATION AND PUT MY MIND AT EASE.
FOR ME THE MAGIC WORD WAS ORGANIC. :D

SO FOR THOSE OF US THAT THOUGHT WE HAD TO LIVE WITH NO SLEEP
THERE IS HOPE.
GOD BLESS,
HAPPY LEGS.

sportsgirl

Post by sportsgirl »

Hi Happy Legs, thanks for the information on this. I have to say that I agree with you. I am using the Gel and have had wonderful results. I don't know if my situation is as intense as some on this board, but I am a very active person, and when I'm really tired, my arms bother me as much as my legs. Because I'm involved in sports, I have found the Gel to also be effective for soreness and stiffness issues (yeah). I am hooked on it.

happy legs

Post by happy legs »

hey sports girl,
isn't this gel amazing! with winter right around the corner, and the weather changing, i found i had more aches and pains other than my RLS.
had nothing to lose so i started rubing it where i hurt, [esp my arms] and found that i had relief.
what surprises me is that people will take the RX from the doc and have some profound side effect down the road. i was one of them!!!!
that is until i educated myself and weaned myself off the drugs that were perscribed.
just had a recent follow up with my doc and he was thrilled i felt better and looked better. wait a minute he said when he looked at my chart, you are off the medications? i showed him the gel and he said it looks like it is working for you so continue with what you are doing!!!
but then your going to do it anyway so you don't need my blessing.
all i can say it has worked for me and i am happy.

happy legs!!

sportsgirl

Post by sportsgirl »

Hi Happy Legs, you know the saying desperate people do desperate things, either that or I have "sucker" stamped on my forehead. I was willing to try just about anything (within reason), and I'm so glad I tried this. After visiting the Sporta-Flx web site, it sounded like if it didn't work for my legs, it might help my husband out. He always has something sore going on (for the past month it's been a lingering issue with his shoulder). His comment after trying it on his shoulder was "anyone who doesn't think this stuff works is crazy" Needless to say, we are both using it. So, here's where the problem comes in.. I could never find the bottle when I needed it. Solution, we now have his and her bottles. LOL Thanks so much for sharing your secret on this board. I am very grateful to you!

happy legs

Post by happy legs »

your very welcome for the info, and am so glad it is also working for you and hubby.
happy legs.

happy legs

Post by happy legs »

sports girl, i tried this on my feet last nigh,t as they were just bothering me somthing awful while i laid in bed. both my insteps and the balls of my feet were so achey!!!
worked really well and i fell asleep for the whole night!
glad to hear your hubby is feeling better.
HL

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

For years, I could always "control" my RLS with lotion. Originally, I'd start to get that tight feeling and I'd reach for the bottle. Soon, I just started putting lotion on immediately before bed.

I keep wondering if it's that, for some of us, any sensations at all sort of touch or set-off the RLS. We don't like things touching us, itching sets it off, neuropathy sets it off, etc. So, by using things like this, we eliminate the other potential problems that would, by chain reaction, set off the RLS.

Of course, just me musing...there is NO scientific evidence.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Nicky

Post by Nicky »

I find I use a variety of creams & gels depending on what the neuropathy or rls seems to be up to. If the feet are numb I use a little Ibulieve gel, mostly my feet & sometimes the legs feel hot & so I use a cool foot gel. More recently a heat spray on the back of my aching legs sometimes helps though equally sometimes nothing helps. I had such burning feet the other week that I cut the toes off a pairs of socks & wet them under the tap, wrung them out & slipped them on my feet (towel underneath) & a fan blowing on them all night. What a performance, did the trick though.
Nicky

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, I think there is something in what you say, about chain reaction etc. etc. or that sort of thing.

I always, put lotion on my feet and legs, if I don't they start to feel 'tight', or do they??? or do I just think they might start to feel tight ???? So. It's a case of, must do it, just in case. Jeeezz , that sounds a bit neurotic. A bit like having a back up bar of soap, for the spare bar of soap - which I actually do, I do it for lots of things, it's almost embarrassing. :oops:

I wonder does a neurotic, over-organised mind, go with rls, although not necessarily obsessive compulsive disorder..... or not quite.... hmmmm...

Sorry, I may have gone off track there. Just musing.

Nicky, I have been there with the burning feet, sitting with my feet in a bucket of icy water, in the middle of the night. Glad you got some relief your way.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

happy legs

Post by happy legs »

I wish i now had a dime for every lotion i tried, every pill i took, and every slepless night i was having. I was blind in pain and would do anything to make it go away.

Honestly this SPORTA-FLX gel has worked for me, and the cost of it is inexpensive. I mean if i couldn't aford $20.00 i deserved to suffer.
[So i felt]

Wish you all lived close to me, i would share my bottle of gel with you
so you could see that relief is possible from the RLS.

HL

sportsgirl

SPORTA-FLX MASSAGE GEL

Post by sportsgirl »

You know Happy Legs, what I really like about using the Sporta-Flx Gel is that I don't have swallow anything. I'm a little leery about that. Plus, I'm just kind of a natural type of girl.