THIS WORKS, and surprisingly, I haven't seen it mentioned...

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Kristen

THIS WORKS, and surprisingly, I haven't seen it mentioned...

Post by Kristen »

I have had RLS for pretty much my whole life and when I was 19 I finally discovered what actually made it go away so I could sleep. BUTT MASSAGE!!!! I know that is funny, but as soon as my husband starts rubbing my butt, it INSTANTLY goes away. If you are having it really bad in your left leg, then just massage your left butt cheek and it will stop, same for the right leg.

I don't know how nobody has mentioned this yet, but it works for me... at least for night time... I am not sure about during work and stuff, usually I just get up and walk around for a few minutes.

:D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Don't if it would work or not...... but sounds fun... :lol: :lol:

Don't mean to sound flippant, I am glad to hear of anything that may work.

Thank you
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Momo

Post by Momo »

that sounds fun, but i don't have anybody to rub my butt :(
lol
(i'm only 15 almost 16! so thats probably a good thing)
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Wonder if it's kinda like an acupuncture type thing! Mmmm. :lol:

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

malindse

Post by malindse »

May have to get my husband to try that.. He'd be really thrilled to help out!! :lol:
Meg

My school teachers were right! I couldn't sit still then and I still can't.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Be careful :lol: his helpful rubbing may morph :wink: Then again, that might even be better. 8)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

malindse

Post by malindse »

It seems like I read that in one of these of somewhere about that helping :twisted: Don't know how true that is but thanks for the laugh! :D Sometimes when you're in one of those down times a laugh really helps. Thanks!
Meg

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

"tis true, for many of us. Not all, but many. Some people can use orgasm alone as their treatment. Gosh, wouldn't it be funny if it worked for all of us? I can just see an RLS convention :shock: :lol: 8)

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Just maybe the "out of service" sign hangin on the bedhead, covered in cobwebs, would be cleaned up a lil in our house ...

Wishin ... but hey ... neva say neva ...

Ann ... a convention??? 8) :shock: Oh lordy, the mind boggles!

Oh yeah ... I heard on the grapevine that electric toothbrushes have more than one use (no ... NOT speaking from experience!)

Hmmmm ... do you think it would be rude of me to usher the visitor out of our house ... i mean ... he was leaving two hours ago ... and they reckon us women gossip :roll:

Thanks for the muchly needed giggles :lol:
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

malindse

Post by malindse »

Oh that is too funny. It would be bad to organize convention and no one actually shows up to any of the activities!! And I have tears in my eyes from laughing about the toothbrush. :D
Meg

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Meg, guess it depends on the activities :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Managing Your RLS

malindse

Post by malindse »

Being around my family we all know we have to watch what we say because one of us will take it and have alot of fun with it. You got me there. I love it!

About time to go in and see if I get any sleep tonight. You never can tell.
Meg

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Interesting that none of our resident male forum members have offered a comment. Are they just scratching their heads wondering "What The?" or are they too shy ...

Meg ... I know what you mean about taking a sentence every which way except the way it was meant ... happens all the time to Troy and I lol

Ann ... a convention ... activities (group maybe?) ... good grief I gotta get my mind outta the gutter on of these days ... :lol:

As for those toothbrushes Meg, it was a hot topic on Aussie Big Bro last year amongst the female housemates.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

happy legs

Post by happy legs »

ya know there just may be somthing to this. i tried it last night along with my sporta-flx gel.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The whole package, or parts thereof? :lol:

Managing Your RLS