SoothenolX2

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Valerie Kassl

SoothenolX2

Post by Valerie Kassl »

I have just started to use SoothenolX2 for the relief of RLS and am amazed at how much it helps. Soonthenol is quite expensive but for me well worth the cost. I massage a couple of drops into the soles of my feet and get a good nights rest. Has anyone else tried this product?

chefws

Post by chefws »

Valerie Kassl, welcome to the RLS Discussion Board! I personally have not tried that particular product, but I have an extreme case of RLS/PLMD. I have tried just about everything else out there though. I'm sure there is someone that has tried it. It may take a while to get a response. Only a few people visit the board on a daily basis.
I'm really glad you are getting some relief from your symptoms, that is great!
I would suggest looking at the stickies at the top of each topics, and do a bunch of reading. It may be helpful in the future if the SoothenolX2 stops being effective.
Again, welcome to the board.
What I say is only what I have experienced with this horrible disorder. Everyone reacts differently to different treatments. Research, Research, Research! And may God bless you with an understanding and knowlegable doctor.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't heard of it either.... but if it works...... well done
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Tell us more about your RLS, Valerie. It might help people to know what you're treating.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Valerie Kassl

SoothenolX2

Post by Valerie Kassl »

I am 71 years old, have experience RLS since I was 15. My mother, grandmother and greatgrandmother all had RLS (we called it 'the fidgies') and have passed it on to all of their children, however, although the males had RLS they did not seem to pass it on to their children. Does this travel through the female line? My 3 children have had RLS since they were 13 and it was one of my sons who recommended Soothenol.
Although Soothenol worked all the time when I first used it, now I find that I wake up during the night with the same problem even though I do get a few hours good rest. I find it is worse when my legs and feet get warm and it is better if I cool them off.
Of interest: 5 years ago I had, major, major surgery and for the next 3 years did not have RLS at all! It came back again about 18 months ago.
Have had RLS since I was 13 years old - a present handed down to me from my mother, grand mother and great grandmother which they referred to as "the fidgits"! My children also have RLS. Mine affects my feet and legs.