Hypnotize

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
edd666666

Hypnotize

Post by edd666666 »

Hi, has anyone tried being hypnotized as a way to reduce RLS? Thanks, Ed.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I used to use hypnosis tapes to get to sleep at night. It helped a lot, but I had to have the RLS well under control to do that. For some reason I've fallen out of the habit.

A big part of hypnosis is relaxation, which, for me is a surefire way to bring on an RLS attack.

I've wondered if it would help me with the psychological issues associated with my circadian rhythm disorder - like how weird it is for me to be up in the morning (when that happens) and a feeling of doom, and wondering what the heck do I do now? I know a good hypnotist and have been meaning to contact her about it.
Susan