water

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
dlmrgnk

water

Post by dlmrgnk »

After the onset of what seems to be very mild, occasional RLS some years ago, I discovered that drinking a sufficient amount of water eliminated the symptoms. When the symptoms occur, I get up, drink what I think will be enough water. Some nights it may take three drinks to eliminate the need to move one leg or the other. (There are, of course, trips required to eliminate the water later.) I'm currently trying to determine if there is a triggering food and sugar seems to be a possibility.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Haven't noticed this myself, but anything that works, for anyone, I'm all for.

Welcome, and I hope you find lots of information throughout the site, should you need it.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

d, Welcome to the board and thanks for the tip on what works for you. I'll have to give it a try. Best wishes. M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.