RLS device

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
carolsond

RLS device

Post by carolsond »

Hi!

My brother gave me an article he got re: RLS. A device has which improves circulation by applying pressure is being tested The device which fits over the legs and inflates and deflates in quick succession compresses the veins, pushing the blood back to the heart. In a recent study, one out of three patients who wore the device had complete reief of symptoms. They also slept better, were less fatigued and had an improved quality of life.

Sincerely,

Carol Ann

mackjergens

Post by mackjergens »

IF these are like the ones they use in hosptial after surgery, and they certainly sound the same. I will say for me I HATED them and had to have them taken off as they increased my rls. BUT again we are all different. So would certainly not say not to try them.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have heard of this, a friend gave me a cut-out from a newspaper.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I imagine that this falls into the "I LOVE pressure on my legs" vs "I HATE pressure on my legs."

Those who like blankets piled high, wear pantyhose, etc. will probably benefit. Those of us who can't stand anything on our skin will probably not benefit.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.