Knobby Massage Rollers

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
dhardisky

Knobby Massage Rollers

Post by dhardisky »

After about 7 yrs of fighting RLS I have found that a knobby roller called "Moon Car Magnetic Massager" ($15 Amazon.com) stops the symptoms in its tracks. I generally start getting symptoms at suppertime, and the massager takes care of things until I take my Ropinirole 2 mg (generic Requip) at 8 PM for the night. I use it for 10 minutes at a time.

I'm not sure the magnets do anything but who cares if it works. It does look like the car used by the Appollo Astronauts on the Moon. The knobby wheels have two axises of rotation and 16 wheels, so it follows body contours, actually more like the Mars Rovers. They also have other knobby rollers for the back, feet, etc. which can be used on the back of the legs. I also get symptons in my forearms which this alleviates.

Please let me know if you try this and it helps.
Retired Engineer

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

Massage greatly impacts my RLS in a bad way. If my husband touches my legs I know I'm not going to sleep that night.

I'm really glad this works for you, I wonder if it just has something to do with the massage. There are a lot of people that find improvement with massage I've read.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights