Deluxe Digital Massage Boots

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
bbengtsson

Post by bbengtsson »

Has anybody ever tried these for RLS?

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail. ... g#moreinfo
BDB

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

There have been studies on the medical version of those things, and people get good results with them. I suppose if your RLS is only in your calves and feet they might help. And like everything else, they might work for some and not for others. They seem to have a good guarantee. If you try them, let us know.

Geez, now you have me looking at Sky Mall, and I'm going to waste the day looking at all those interesting gadgets. :wink:
Susan

bbengtsson

Post by bbengtsson »

Susan,
I'm an engineer and have been thinking that such a device might work. I've been thinking about trying to build such a device for some time now. A friend of mine found this in the skymall catalog recently. My RLS is confined to my calves and feet. I tried pressure wraps but that doesn't help. I think because it is a static condition (pressure). I envision having an array of air bladders from the foot and up the calf that would inflate and deflate in sequence from the foot up the calf. I would think that dynamic stimulation might work. Not ready to shell out $200 though.
BDB