Anyone tried Blue-Emu Cream?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
chirpee

Anyone tried Blue-Emu Cream?

Post by chirpee »

My boyfriend heard an advertisement on the radio for Blue-Emu cream to aid in relief of joint pains. The cream costs $20.00 for a 4 oz. can. I was wondering if anyone ever used this to help with symptoms of RLS and if so, what was the outcome.

Chirpee

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Chirpee--

My husband and I have used blue emu oil cream for a couple of years for various things. He's found it more useful than I have. He says it helps his sore hip, he likes it for muscle aches, etc.

I have NOT thought to try it for RLS. I've tried it for "monthly" backache (works great) and some other muscle aches (pretty good), tendonitis (BAD, seems to inflame it worse) and arthritis (not good, again, too inflaming for MY symptoms).

I know my husband took one jar with him to work the other day, but I think I still have a jar here somewhere. Before you invest, if you want, I'll try it on my RLS, and you can at least have one testimonial (one way or the other.) :wink:

Feels like my RLS is getting a running start tonight, and the kids and I have a date to watch a movie tonight-- so if I can find the stuff, I'll try it and let you know how I do. If it makes it worse, I'll just do a little more soft-shoe than normal. :lol: If it's better, then HEY, it'll be better! :D

Sara :D

Post by Guest »

Sara,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply to my post. I am anxious to hear how it goes. Keep me posted. I had a rough night with mine lastnight but then it snowed so they do not hurt tonight (that's a first in a couple weeks). I better not brag too much or they will surely start up!

Thanks Again! :)

Chirpee

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hello, again, Chirpee--

Weird as it is, my RLS never did really get going. I got up from the computer and was making dinner... had a problem and dinner was sort of a disaster (had to go to plan B)... but finally ended up eating some of the mahi mahi I'd been trying to make for dinner, kind of late. And when I sat down after that, I had no RLS. Hmmmm... mahi mahi the RLS cure? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, probably not. Anyway, I didn't have RLS after that so far, so I haven't tried the blue emu. But I'll let you know if I try it later tonight or tomorrow. (I usually get RLS every night.)

I DID forget to mention, though... I recently also use plain emu oil. Just oil, no "blue", no cream, no other ingredients to make it smell or warm or anything. Now THAT stuff seems to be good for LOTS of things without aggravating anything I've tried it on yet. I might even do plain emu on one leg and blue emu on the other for a comparison! That might be interesting! :D

Hmmm... starting to get some "action" in one foot sitting here. I have an hour of the movie left with the kids. Might get a chance to test the stuff out after all. :lol:

Take care!

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hey, Chirpee--

Emu oil update. Not much to report. But for what it's worth...

I kept a sort of "buzz" in my left foot the rest of the evening (and hmmm... it's still there this morning!) Not as intense as my usual nightly symptoms (though actually this morning it's starting to get a little crawlier and more disconcerting). But I did try some blue emu cream on it when I went to bed.

Initial thoughts? Well, it didn't stop the sensation I was having, that's for sure. Did it dull it a bit? Maybe. Hard to say, since it wasn't quite my "normal" anyway. It wasn't unpleasant, but it almost felt like it "spread" the sensation out maybe? Hard to describe.

Interesting that I have RLS this morning, since I've not had it in the mornings as much just recently (but could be hormones, could be exercise, etc., a couple of those things are "in play" right now.) If it continues through the day, I'll put more blue emu on, and see what happens. If it goes away by the time I'm home from driving my kids to school, then I'll try it again next night I have RLS. I don't THINK the emu is WHY I have morning RLS in that foot... but that COULD be a possibility, too.

Anyway, either way, I'll let you know. :D

Hope last night was better than the night before!

Sara

chirpee

Post by chirpee »

Sara,

Thanks for giving it a shot. I went ahead and bought some for myself. My boyfriend will probably end up using it for his aching shoulder or maybe our dog, Tubby, can use it for his hot spots because it certainly did not seem to help me at all :cry:

The last two nights for me have been almost unbearable - literally crying in pain. Tonight is very calm and actually NO pain :D . I guess that is because it is starting to snow and we are suppose to get 10 inches of it. My RLS seems to get really bad before storms and stop during the storms. It's pretty sad when you sit up at night praying for snow, huh?

Hope your daytime RLS improves. It's bad enough having it at night.

Talk to you soon!

Chirpee

Sara

Post by Sara »

Aww, Chirpee, sorry it was a bust. I figure anything's worth a try, though. So now you know. Since I have milder RLS than yours, I'll still give it one more shot some night when mine's going strong, just in case and for everyone's information.

Have you seen the thread in this part of the forum on the Miracle II pH Neutralizing gel? That's something else topical and non-pharmaceutical, and it DOES seem to ease RLS symptoms for a few of us. It's just minerals and it doesn't heat up or do anything "exciting"... but it does seem to take the "edge" off of my symptoms, and Becat's had some luck with it, too.

Oh, and don't feel toooo bad... my kids sit up praying for snow almost EVERY night in the wintertime! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang in there!

chirpee

Post by chirpee »

Sara,

How about this Miracle II pH Neutralizing Gel? Where can I get it? I saw the posts about the Montagne Jeunesse Tired Leg Gel from Wal-mart so I ran out that night to get some but our Wal-mart in Staunton, Virginia, does not carry it. :cry:

I appreciate your help with this stuff. I'm game for anything at this point.

Chirpee

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Chirpee--

I "bumped" the thread about Miracle II ("This is not a cure, BUT...") in case you hadn't found it.

In that thread we talk about buying the stuff on eBay. Lately I got my mom interested in it for a number of her health and beauty issues, and she found two different sites on the web that had prices she thought were reasonable. Just do a search for Miracle II pH neutralizer. Actually (Becat, if you read this, you'll like this :lol: ), she just sent our family a 'care package' of every product in the line-- gel, liquid, soaps, lotion-- because she bought it in bulk!

I have used the gel topically for my RLS (among LOTS of other things), and I've drunk water with the liquid. for general health and digestion. Now that my mom's sent us the care package, I've also used the lotion and both soaps If I was going to recommend one product, I'd say try the gel (not the super-concentrated gel they have on some of the sites... just the regular one.) If it doesn't help your RLS at all, keep it around for insect bites, use it like lotion on your feet, brush your teeth with it, condition your nails with it, etc. :wink: I like the stuff alot. It even stopped my kids' (and husband's) chicken pox from itching!

Take care and hang in there!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Sara!

I did find it on the internet. The testimonials seem pretty good about the stuff so I'm gonna give it a try.

I'll keep you informed. Thanks Again!

Chirpee :)