GOOD NEWS!!!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
demarko

GOOD NEWS!!!

Post by demarko »

Hi Guys;
I have a realy good news. My mother has RLS for over 20 years as say before. We tried lots of things like natural treatment, massage,oils etc.but unfortunatelly didn't get any help.2 months ago I red an article about ozone treatment to relief RLS and found a doctor who does ozene treatment in Turkey, Ankara. My mother has started to get ozone therapy 1.5 months ago. At the begining she was saying "It is not working on me" but after two weeks she got relax and started to sleep at night time. Now she is really really happy cause she can sleep, she can sit and watch T.V. at night, she can travel.

She told me "This is miracle. I feel happy and feel fresh which I have never felt for a long time."

My mother takes Requip and Trivestal. She was taking 11 or 12 pills per day but now 8 pills is enough for her.Her doctor says "you will reduce to take medicine in times.

My mother is so happy now.I hope it works on you guys.If you would like to get more information about ozone threapy please e-mail me.demeto11@hotmail.com or dkorkmaz@smdyazilim.com

kickyknees

Post by kickyknees »

HI DEMARK
I'm a newer member here than you are by 10 days. I'm happy for you if your mother is helped by oils, magnets, and ozone. Now why don't you go post your "therapies" on a site where people will BUY them? :evil:

Beware Nerve Blocks! Given at rotator cuff surgery brought on WED/RLS. Since then have had TJR in each shoulder and one knee under General Anesthetic.
1mg ropinirole 4x/day
7.5mg hydrocodone 4x/day

demarko

Post by demarko »

Hi Kickyknees

Don't understand why you are mad at me? I say,She didn't get any help by oils or magnetsI am not trying to sell any product.I knew very well what a bad ilness that you and my mother has.She was crying all nights and praying God to die. One more think you can't BUY ozone therapy from anywhere. You should go to doctor near your place who does this therapy.I thought you misunderstood.I am not marketing anything just telling you she found a way to reduce her pain and hope to help you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's easy to misunderstand things when you are not talking face to face. Demarko, I appreciate how you handled your feelings and tried to get Kicky to understand instead of lashing out.

Sometimes I'm surprised we're not all lashing out at each other all the time. I have days, weeks where I'm not a happy person. But, the foundation of this board is one of coming together, not tearing each other down and that foundation is what makes it so successful. I hope we always keep trying to keep it that way, even when we have moments where we forget.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

when I first saw this post, I checked the wikipedia page on ozone therapy. it was fairly negative but the free dictionary (at http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Ozone+Therapy) has a different tone and seems more accepting that the therapy might have potential. Both sites agree it is not harmful and definitely of help in combatting infection.

It sounds interesting but I can't see how it would work for RLS if RLS is indeed neurological .... unless it helps in iron management? hmmm...

badnights

Post by badnights »

P.S. demarko, how many times has your mother been treated, how long does each session last? How is the ozone administered?

demarko

Post by demarko »

Hi Bethf;

My mother's doctor applied this therapy 2 times a week at the begining. In the weeks, after she felt better he started to applies ones a week. She has already got 12-13 sessions.Each session takes approximately 25-30 minutes. I just called her doctor to get detailed to write here. He says this is Minor Ozone Therapy and says this method is also known as vaccination method. Certain amount of blood (2-5 cc) from a person to inject into the muscle after being confronted with ozone gas. It doesn't has any side effect.
I live in Turkey. This method is not really common in my country. I think you can find more source in US. I hope this information would help you. If you would like to ask more questions I can give my mother's doc cell number.
Hope have a healty life :)

badnights

Post by badnights »

thanks for your information, demarko. I am in Canada. There has not been much research done on ozone therapy here, nor in the US, and probably it would be hard to find someone to do it - not impossible, though. It is much more common in Europe where more studies have been done on it.

I hope you let us know over the coming months if your mother is still benefiting, especially after the treatments have ended. I know we're all pretty curious about anything that might help.

demarko

Post by demarko »

I want to tell you Guys;

After ozone therapy our life has changed completely.My mother feels very good and her complaints were reduced from April until now.She can sleep all night,she seat and watch tv and she can travel. I mean she has a normal life now and she is so happy to get rid of this disease.
She got tree times threrapy a week at the begining, later she got two times a week and now she gets only two times in a month. Her doctor says that she can come in August just one time therapy. I hope you find a doctor near your place who does ozone therapy.It really works..

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It is wonderful that your mother is now find relief from her symptoms.
Enjoy.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation