Getting my memory foam

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jrowley

Getting my memory foam

Post by jrowley »

Today I am getting a memory foam matteress cover. I hope it works got to be better than that hard old matteress.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

Sara

Post by Sara »

Good luck, Jan!

Keep us posted on how it works out for you. Hubby and I are still trying to decide what to do about a whole new mattress.

Sweet dreams! :wink:

Sara

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Well the memory foam feels good and I slept ok in it. One good thing is my back didnt hurt when i got up this morning. But I think I need my med stronger cuz I am still waking in the night and my legs keep jerking.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have the mattress and it does NOT stop the RLS for me. It just helps my partner tremendously - he doesn't feel my kicking - and helps my body be more comfortable. I LOVE it, but would not recommend it to stop the RLS - at least if you have moderate of severe. Not sure what it would do for mild.

Ann

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

I realize it doesnt stop the rls I got it for the comfort and help in sleeping better especially with the other conditions going on like my bladder and the horrible back pain i wake up with from it, and the arthritis pain I have too, not to mention in the aid of possibly getting a better sleep with my rls.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Jan--

Well, it sounds like a good start to ME! :D A better night's sleep--more comfortable, less morning pain, or just a better FEELING about being in bed for WHATEVER amount of time we're there-- seems like a win-win situation.

Besides, a new bed always takes some time for me to get used to. I'd think that you might get a little "cumulative" benefit once you get used to the new topper and once you have a number of "better" nights' sleep under your belt.

Seems like no DOWN-side anyway. Congratulations! Any little improvement is always welcome to me, and I imagine it would be the same for those of you with more severe RLS, as well.

:D

Sara

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Thanks sara Im with you a good nights sleep is much better than none. I do have servere rls according to my docs. jerk every 6 mins. :( So having a good rest means a lot to me

Sara

Post by Sara »

Yup, Jan!

My RLS is probably what would be termed "moderate but persistent", so I'm getting by without meds, but it's affecting my daily life... well, DAILY. :wink:

I figure, I've had this since I was at least a teenager, and I think probaly before that, too. It's getting worse over time, and I figure -- based on the science of the problem-- that it's something I'm always going to have. I pretty much accepted that during the really bad couple months' flare-up I had when I joined here.

That said, I also believe that there are things I'm going to be able to do to help or hinder my overall RLS "experience".... so I'm personally ALL FOR any little "advantage" I can get over this condition. I don't expect to be RLS-free EVER, frankly. But I'm going to do anything I can to help myself live fully despite it.

Sleep is SUCH an important part of our lives, as anyone who doesnt get enough knows! We all know here, in one degree or another. So ANY improvement we make to our sleep-- length, quality, refreshment, ease, comfort-- can only be a BONUS to our ability to live as well as possible!

Jan you have a number of issues to fight, so you NEED as much strength and refreshment as you can get! I'm glad this may make your nights a little better! :D

Hugs-- Sara

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Thanks Sara