Low Level Laser Therapy

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Dakotajewels

Low Level Laser Therapy

Post by Dakotajewels »

Hello! I am new here. I think I have had mild RLS for about a year. I started eating totally vegan 2 1/2 months ago. 3 weeks ago I had a terrible tragedy happen and was grief stricken and completely stressed out. At that time, the RLS became severe. Every night last week I dreaded going to bed and searched the internet for relief. I truly thought I would lose my mind the symptoms were so bad!

A friend of mine is a veterinarian and last spring purchased a low laser unit. Out of desperation, I went to her and asked if the low laser could help me. There was a setting for RLS. I could literally feel my nerves relaxing as she was doing the therapy! I slept all night last night! Chiropractors sometimes use low laser treatments so I wanted to share my success in case it could help someone else. Tonight will be another test- I am praying for a restful night.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Can you describe the therapy? Specifically, on what parts of the body was the light adminstered, & for how long?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Also, how often do you do it, and how long does the relief last?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

becat

Post by becat »

Dakota, Hi and welcome.
Never heard of the setting for RLS, however, the vet verison and the people version were at one time very different.
Dakota, that is awesome that it is working for you. I hope that was not a test for you, but a aid in healing. I will pray with you on that one.
Love success stories. Thank you.

I know this product and it does work very well, on soft tissue injuries. PB, it looks like a thin flashlight. It's so cool. Our family tried to buy one, some 15 yrs or more back. whhaaa whaaawnnn. LOL

My father and my mom had tried one the back in the early 80's. Dad could not raise his arm over the height of his shoulder, for yrs. Mom tried it for her TMJ (jaw). They had found a sport med. doc. in Nevada and went to see him on a road trip.
Dad could raise his arm well above his shoulder, and mom had no problems for some yrs. with her treatment.
Awesome!
My mother found someone that owned one, yes, a chiropractor and the first chance I got to go to see them, I went to see this man.
I used one a yr. after I broke my leg/ankle/foot. I never got back the ablility to flex my foot up and tried this laser for kicks and giggles.
After 1 tiny, 3 seconds, just 3 seconds.... I could flex my foot up. I found a doc to my local area, and he just did not know enough to use it. Just handed it to paitents and said "treat what hurts." Nope, never went back to him.
It never has been a good idea to use this laser, unless you study how. There is a strick time limit to how long it can be held in one area.
No offense meant, by adding this advice, this product can burn if used for too long in one area. You can always go back over any area, but be careful while using.

Dakota, I might try to find that whack here again. Can't hurt to try.

I do believ in healing powers on soft tissue, with this device. A company out of Houston, Tx makes them in the USA> ....however, you can buy them in Europe with no problem.......but how to get it back here and home, no clue!
We still do not own one, LOL.