Restless Legs Creams

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jwmissy

Restless Legs Creams

Post by jwmissy »

I was wondering if anyone has tried the restless legs cream that you can order on line. I have and was pleasantly surprised. Although it is not 100% effective, it does help calm my legs down. That and Cranberry/Pomegranite Juice. I have discovered that that really helps, believe it or not.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't heard before of the Cranberry/Pomegranite Juice helping the symptoms, we are more likely to hear of a food that would aggravate our symptoms. Excellent that you are getting benefit from this and it will be interesting to hear if this benefit continues for any length of time. Fingers crossed that it works for a long time.

Regarding the cream, what is the name of it?

I doubt very much that any of us have had great benefit from a cream otherwise we'd all be using it. Could you provide the name of the cream, or a link to it, it would be interesting to see what this cream contains.

I have tried oils that have been advertised as a 'cure', needless to say I wasted my money.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jwmissy

Restless Legs Cream (ingredients)

Post by jwmissy »

Here are some of the things the cream has in it. Water, aloe, barbadenis leaf juice, polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Benzocaine, Magnesium Ascorbl Phosphate, Lavender Oil, Sage leaf extract, Chamomile, Vitamins E and A, Canang Odorata flower and Nobilis flower.

The name of the cream is Restless Legs Cream by Magnilife. It costs anywhere from $11.99 to $18.99. I just went to the internet and typed in Restless Legs Cream.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has ever tried it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

for many years, plain old lotion would allow me to stop the sensations and get some sleep. A component of my RLS is itchiness. Keeping my skin hydrated somehow interrupted the symptoms.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I see it is on Amazon at $11.97 plus shipping.
I am tempted to try anything :)
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Then try an any-old cream first, maybe
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

DDC44

Re: Restless Legs Creams

Post by DDC44 »

I've tried Owell Naturals Restless Legs creme and had pretty good results. It's like an intense Vicks rub. Sometimes I have to reapply, but it does seem to help. I think using this in combination with other remedies may provide significant relief to others.

Polar Bear

Re: Restless Legs Creams

Post by Polar Bear »

I use medication to control my RLS but sometimes with evening breakthrough I will use an ordinary moisturising lotion which is comforting and helps a bit. Possibly its just the massage effect.
Betty