Anyone tried MicroVascular Therapy?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
sleepdancer

Anyone tried MicroVascular Therapy?

Post by sleepdancer »

Took a friend to a doctor's appt. today and sat with her during an MVT session. She had electrodes on her legs and feet. This doctor said she's having very favorable results in patients with pain and neuropathy from diabetes. I asked her about RLS /EKD and PLMD, and she said that there is potential to find relief from this treatment. Her focus is diabetics but said it is logical that this treatment could help more than diabetics. Anyone with experience with this?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

There is a company that sells a machine for neuropathy that is not a traditional TENS unit. My BIL uses one. It helps his diabetic neuropathy tremendously.

He wants me to buy one, but at several hundred dollars and 24/7 WED and still struggling with the economy, I'm not in the position to.

I wrote about the machine before, in this section, so you could probably find my post where I said what the machine is called. Their website lists testimonials that say it helps WED. They have no research about it as far as I know.

My best guess is that if it does help, it will help a certain subset of us and not all. Given that we're up to 6 or 7 genes involved, it's most probable we won't all respond to the same things.

that said, if anyone has access to one, it's certainly worth trying to see if you're one that it helps.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2936319/
RLS sux

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very interesting! But, no, not the same thing.

I just asked him and he has something called the Rebuilder.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.