For daytime sleepies

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Penguinrocks

For daytime sleepies

Post by Penguinrocks »

CVS was having a sale on vitamins this past week, so I went a bought some Complex Vitamin B. Says it's good for energy levels. I have to tell you that I can actually make it past 2 p.m. sitting at my desk with out the urge to fall asleep. Something to think about. I could share more on different herbal meds ...
I'm a cystic person. My breasts have cysts that seem to flare up closer to menstuation. They cause me great pain. I've started taking Flaxseed Oil and no more pain!

High Cholesterol:

Chromium Picolonate

Decreases levels of bad cholesterol AND decreases appetite.

Just a bit o info from the Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Sara

Post by Sara »

Penguin--

When you talk about cysts in your breasts, I am not sure if it's the same thing or not, but a very fine older girlfriend of mine has something I have which she very eloquently calls "breast owies" :P -- lumpy spots that correspond to our periods, but "go away" in between and are not dangerous. Both my girlfriend Pat and my ob-gyn suggested years ago that Vitamin E capsules during the PMS period help that. They do.

Flaxseed is good for overall health in LOTS of ways, so keep taking it, Penguin. It can even help with anxiety and depression because it's good for your brain and body chemistry.

B's are good for energy, definitely, and also good for stress and hormonal issues. Glad it's helping you. I've never done well on multi's of any kind, but I'm doing an experiment on taking a good-quality daily multi again for a while. Not for anything in particular, but I'll let you all know if it helps any of my "salient" symptoms. I'm hoping just to "feel a little better" overall, frankly. :D

Good post, Dawn!
Sara

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Thanks Sara,

I was thinking that any information we all can share about everything the may be going on with us, might lead to another "pattern"?

Just a thought

Dawn
Beware the Penguin

Sara

Post by Sara »

Amen, my friend. Amen! :D

Sara