Latest on TENS Unit Use for Nighttime Symptoms

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
badnights

Relaxis

Postby badnights » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 am

Relaxis is working for kcrowley's 8yr old daughter (search for that author in the Advanced Search, hit the little wheel icon to the right of the Search - top right of this page). But it is working for WED/RLS. No one has posted about it being successful for PLMs, that I've seen, and the research was done for WED not PLMD. But - worth a try if you can afford it. I am in the process of trying to get one.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

legsandsyndrome

Relaxis & TENS

Postby legsandsyndrome » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Relaxis is not the same as TENS. Relaxis uses calibrated vibrations, while TENS uses low electric currents. I have just started trying my TENS unit for RLS, and it has helped so far.

Return to “Physical Treatments”